Cowboys should look at these players

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I'm still curious about Isaiah Battle, but it says a lot that the Rams have cut him twice now since taking him in last year's Supplemental Draft. I remember reading several glowing reports on the kid's ability and potential. I wonder if it was the Rams or him that failed?

Perhaps a joint effort? and both failed. Ultimately, the player controls their fate if healthy and of average intelligence. Just my opinion.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Perhaps a joint effort? and both failed. Ultimately, the player controls their fate if healthy and of average intelligence. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't say that....Last I looked Jeff Fisher doesn't have any rings as a coach...and he has squandered a ton of draft picks in St. Louis. That RG3 trade should have set that frachise up like the 90's Cowboys. Instead..he's on the hot seat...and now in a desperate move has burned through even more draft choices to find a QB to save his job.:rolleyes:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Coe got dinged is why Thornton was back out there. He also gets penetration pretty regularly as a 1T which is what you want. he also got a SB and you don't throw money away on a knee jerk evaluation.

Rod Smith is on the team for ST. He is likely your RB3 on game day with Jackson inactive.

Showers is necessary for one game at least while Dirty gets up to speed.

McClain is productive when healthy and is healthy.

58 has been productive for years at this point.

Brooks is just as bad in coverage if not worse and just seems a lateral move. Plus he is damaged goods having torn multiple ligaments in his knee.

Sullivan had back surgery and that is a huge red flag for an OL.

Carr is a solid starter that just took a pay cut you don't cut him for your pet cat for draft day past.

Geoff Swaim is developing into a complete tight end he improved in all facets of his game: hands, blocking, and route running.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I was really high on Caraun Reid coming out of college, appeared to be coming on a bit last year. Great motor and get off seems like a Maranelli type player.

Ty Holmes might be a good project though I doubt he provides much instant help.

Jeremy Poutasi would boost the depth of the oline.

Perry Riley might be motivated after being cut by a divisional rival. Has starter ability.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I can understand a few of those. But at this point you just can't make wholesale changes like this and expect great results. Just too many to get to learn the system and playbook all at the same time.
2 FB's, maybe a bit overkill, but would a 6th WR help, no, he would be inactive. The 2 FB's are very good ST's players, as well as versatile.
Swaim knows our system, and has a rapport with Dak.
Beavers, over Showers, I can see, but not at this point, we need him until Sanchez gets up to speed.
Reid, I would be somewhat interested, but McClain is very good, he just needs to be 100%, but can he be. Reid, I don't know enough about to say if you are right or wrong.
Okoye, we had him and if he was better then he would be here, I do want him on the PS though. I liked what little I seen.
Richardson, don't know enough about him, but Crawford is versatile and I think underrated by many, and he knows the system.
Brooks, yes, no explanation here
Carter, Carr did take a pay cut, he has never missed a game, he knows the system, and switched back to his normal side, let's see how this works out.
Sullivan, again, Looney has been here all off season, he knows the playbook, the snap counts, cadences and all that, so no way you bring in another C to learn this in a few days.

jday

Reaction score
Willie Beavers. That is a curious name! Does he put his willie in a beaver? :)
BeavRevell.JPG

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And I don't think it's a bad opinion. I doubt he would have been released if he was a model player.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that....Last I looked Jeff Fisher doesn't have any rings as a coach...and he has squandered a ton of draft picks in St. Louis. That RG3 trade should have set that frachise up like the 90's Cowboys. Instead..he's on the hot seat...and now in a desperate move has burned through even more draft choices to find a QB to save his job.:rolleyes:

I could see your point and you know I usually agree with you. However, if a player really shines, they don't get cut most times. Then again what's up with John Sutton in Green Bay. 30 years old OL, Pro Bowler. What we see may not be what the teams see. Anyhow, my apologies for derailing the conversation.

To your other points about Fisher I agree 100%. I just think a player can force a team's hand by playing really well.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Cowboys decided they didn't want to take advantage of their 4th position for waiver claims.

At the very least churn the bottom of this putrid defensive roster.

LB Paul Dawson>Andrew Gachkar
LB/DE Davis Tull>Keith Smith
DE/DT Stephen Weatherly>JJ Wilcox
FB Jerome Felton/Dan Vitale>Rod Smith
CB Deji Olatoye>Kavon Frazier

DE Marcus Rush, DE Ian Seau and CB Zack Sanchez are also better than the scrubs at end of our roster.

Last edited: