Cowboys should sign guard Dalton Risner

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There’s no reason to panic and sign an expensive vet over Tyler having a tweaked hamstring.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I do admit I laugh when people who probably never really watched a player (especially OL) assume he is no good because he is still unsigned. He was coming off injury but supposedly healthy for a while now. He was I’m sure looking for starter money and the job that comes with it. IF we signed him it would be as a backup. We aren’t signing a HOFer to be a backup so there will be some warts and you hope for a Guy that can play if needed, not a guy who puts up a top 32 OG PFF score (since it was brought up). But there are 64 starting OGs in the league anyway. Guy is better than what we have on our bench. Is he worth signing? That’s another question, maybe, maybe not. But he can help a team.

Once it gets real deep into TC and the preseason games teams usually will try and wait until after week 1 when vested veteran contracts aren’t automatically guaranteed. Will he even sign to be a backup? Don’t know but if we could get him for cheap I’d be all for it And I’d say he is much more likely to do so now than 3 months ago

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's 41 years old, not much mobility left, missed games last year because he couldn't stay healthy and I believe Broaddus was told from sources in the building that Peters is not in the Cowboy plans
He filled in nicely last year and already expresses that he wants to still play. Better than the backup's we have now.

stiletto

Reaction score
He filled in nicely last year and already expresses that he wants to still play. Better than the backup's we have now.
It's probably too late now. The geniuses have already made their bed in counting on Tyron Smith for a whole season. They did little to nothing address that obvious weakness. Anyone with half a brain could see they were screwing up....lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's probably too late now. The geniuses have already made their bed in counting on Tyron Smith for a whole season. They did little to nothing address that obvious weakness. Anyone with half a brain could see they were screwing up....lol
Actually their plan to hedge against a Tyron Smith injury was simply to slide Tyler Smith out to left tackle and then just figure out what to do at guard.

The irony now is Tyron looks like he has a better chance of playing tomorrow night than Tyler.