Cowboys should trade for Amari Cooper

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Browns wouldn’t be stupid enough to part ways with him for a 4th. Jerry was stupid enough to trade him away for a 5th. A lot of us knew that trade would come back to bite us. That trade is looking worse every week. Cooper Rush is better than the QB the Browns are stuck with right now and Amari is still producing.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
The Browns wouldn’t be stupid enough to part ways with him for a 4th. Jerry was stupid enough to trade him away for a 5th. A lot of us knew that trade would come back to bite us. That trade is looking worse every day.

It was about $$ also...come back to bite us...as we have the 3rd best record in the league haha.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Browns wouldn’t be stupid enough to part ways with him for a 4th. Jerry was stupid enough to trade him away for a 5th. A lot of us knew that trade would come back to bite us. That trade is looking worse every week. Cooper Rush is better than the QB the Browns are stuck with right now and Amari is still producing.
Cooper: 39 catches, 553 yds 5 td (has thrown 1 int)
Lamb: 42 catches, 556 yds 3 td

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry is considering (2) #1s and Sam Williams for Coop. Just win, baby.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was about $$ also...come back to bite us...as we have the 3rd best record in the league haha.

Having the third best record in the league after 8 games doesn’t mean squat. We’re behind by two games in our division to a team that made a big trade for a WR during the offseason. That’s one of the main reasons their QB has improved and they have the record they do. We’ll see if you’re still laughing in January. Lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Browns are very much in the hunt, at this point. That win last night changed everything in that division. Cooper helped with that.

You only get Cooper for like 35% games a season, but when he's not a ghost, he's putting up big numbers and helps get some Ws.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Having the third best record in the league after 8 games doesn’t mean squat. We’re behind by two games in our division to a team that made a big trade for a WR during the offseason. That’s one of the main reasons their QB has improved and they have the record they do. We’ll see if you’re still laughing in January. Lol
We'll almost certainly be laughing in March.
Eagles did this in 2017 and how did that work out for their franchise QB at the time?
They rode beat up cap and lack of draft assets into the ground.
Rebounding now 6 years later.
Just in time to crucify another young promising QB as soon as they hand him a big check.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Amari is a negative asset for CLE. He is owed 56M over the next 2 years.
Dallas wouldn't take him if CLE gave us a 2nd to do so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If CeeDee has been living up to what we were looking for we wouldn’t be looking to trade for a WR. He gets the most targets because he’s basically all we have. Michael Gallup missed the first few games of the season and Schultz had been battling an injury and missed a game. CeeDee has had several drops and is being blamed for the INT Dak threw on Sunday. He’s been receiving criticism for not battling for the football. He’s been criticized for that all season. He hasn’t had a 100 yard game all season and Cooper has had three. Cooper is playing with one of the lowest ranked QBs if not the lowest ranked QB in the entire league. Cooper doesn’t get all the balls in Cleveland because he opens up opportunities for other receivers which is what he was doing with the Cowboys.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Not only that, but ...

Amari Cooper:
Home (5 Games): 32 catches for 453 yards and 5 TDs
Away (3 Games): 7 catches for 100 yards and 0 TDs

CeeDee Lamb:
Home (5 Games): 24 catches for 348 yards and 2 TDs
Away (3 Games): 18 catches for 208 yards and 1 TD

Lamb is not as good overall as Cooper, but at least he TRIES to show up for EVERY game.

Just sayin'

Dallasfann

Reaction score

If I really wanted to laugh I'm sure I could go back and see what you predicted our record to be this season. You just keep hating away.

Screw it. Here you go:

I may not be excited about the Cowboys but I’m excited about the season because I’m an NFL fan. I love watching NFL football. If I allowed the Cowboys prospects every season to affect my enjoyment I wouldn’t even bother watching football. Everyone should be used to watching the Cowboys go nowhere, they haven’t done anything in 27 years. They could have gone 3-14 last season and you wouldn’t have as many fans down on the team as there is now. What an incredible let down to watch the Cowboys go 12-5 only to go one and done in the playoffs, then do nothing to improve the team during the offseason.

All the Cowboys did was allow good players to get away and downgrade at those positions. I don’t expect them to be very good in 2022 but I’m still revved up for the NFL season. The one positive from the Cowboys having a bad season is the entertainment you get on this board from fans suffering breakdowns. Lol It’s classic comedy watching fans tear Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team apart after every loss. It’s sure to be a free-for-all this season. :laugh:

This is my favorite part :

"Lol It’s classic comedy watching fans tear Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team apart after every loss. It’s sure to be a free-for-all this season."

Do you know what's even more fun? Seeing fake fans like you cry and complain about Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team after every win! hahaha

#slayed

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If I really wanted to laugh I'm sure I could go back and see what you predicted our record to be this season. You just keep hating away.

Screw it. Here you go:

This is my favorite part :

"Lol It’s classic comedy watching fans tear Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team apart after every loss. It’s sure to be a free-for-all this season."

Do you know what's even more fun? Seeing fake fans like you cry and complain about Jerry, McCarthy, Dak and the rest of the team after every win! hahaha

#slayed

I’ve been a Cowboys fan longer than you’ve been alive and what does this have to do with the WR situation? You’re calling me a fake fan? :laugh: You were only 19 years old when I started posting on this board. You still sound like you’re 19. Lol I never predicted the Cowboys record, so don’t waste your time looking. Me along with a lot of fans didn’t think the Cowboys would have a good season this year, but they still have 9 games left and it still may not end up good. If they don’t make the playoffs or go one and done in the playoffs, it’s not going be a good season regardless what their final record is. By the way this was your prediction for Zeke for the Lions game. He ended up with only 57 yards, averaging 3.8 a carry. So much for him going crazy and having a huge game Nostradamus. Lol

I think Zeke goes crazy and throws down a huge game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If CeeDee has been living up to what we were looking for we wouldn’t be looking to trade for a WR. He gets the most targets because he’s basically all we have. Michael Gallup missed the first few games of the season and Schultz had been battling an injury and missed a game. CeeDee has had several drops and is being blamed for the INT Dak threw on Sunday. He’s been receiving criticism for not battling for the football. He’s been criticized for that all season. He hasn’t had a 100 yard game all season and Cooper has had three. Cooper is playing with one of the lowest ranked QBs if not the lowest ranked QB in the entire league. Cooper doesn’t get all the balls in Cleveland because he opens up opportunities for other receivers which is what he was doing with the Cowboys.
The irony.
CeeDee has been more productive than Coop making 20% of his salary but CeeDee "hasn't been living up to expectation"?
Maybe it's your expectations that need checking.

Amari had a great Monday night. Had another REALLY good game as well and you add it all up and it's still less receptions or yardage than CeeDee.
Why? Because Amari has shown this year just as he has every year of his career5 an ability to disappear in some games totally then blow up in others.

You talk about being a fan long time than for the love of all that is holy show some football IQ or least a mastery of spotrac.com and ESPN stat totals.
Stop posting based solely on vibes and opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The irony.
CeeDee has been more productive than Coop making 20% of his salary but CeeDee "hasn't been living up to expectation"?
Maybe it's your expectations that need checking.

Amari had a great Monday night. Had another REALLY good game as well and you add it all up and it's still less receptions or yardage than CeeDee.
Why? Because Amari has shown this year just as he has every year of his career5 an ability to disappear in some games totally then blow up in others.

You talk about being a fan long time than for the love of all that is holy show some football IQ or least a mastery of spotrac.com and ESPN stat totals.
Stop posting based solely on vibes and opinion.

You’re the one not showing any football IQ. If CeeDee has been living up to expectations then how come there’s all this talk about the Cowboys trading for a WR? He’s had several drops this season and has been criticized by more than a few who get paid to talk football for not battling for the ball. Even Stephen Jones criticized him after the opener. The blame was put on CeeDee for Dak’s INT last Sunday. It’s not just my expectations that are high for him it’s the teams expectations, which is one reason they made the trade to move on from Amari Cooper. Cooper Rush is better than Jacoby Brissett and Amari basically has the same numbers as CeeDee with more TDs.

As I mentioned to the other poster, CeeDee is being targeted a lot because of the absence of Gallup the first few games of the season and the fact that the rest of our WRs are average. Schultz was hardly part of the offense while Cooper Rush was the QB. I’m not saying CeeDee has been bad, but he hasn’t lived up to a number one receiver. He and the rest of our WR group was being criticized on the radio 103.5 just last week. We haven’t had a 100 yard receiver through 8 games for the first time and 50 seasons.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You’re the one not showing any football IQ. If CeeDee has been living up to expectations then how come there’s all this talk about the Cowboys trading for a WR? He’s had several drops this season and has been criticized by more than a few who get paid to talk football for not battling for the ball. Even Stephen Jones criticized him after the opener. The blame was put on CeeDee for Dak’s INT last Sunday. It’s not just my expectations that are high for him it’s the teams expectations, which is one reason they made the trade to move on from Amari Cooper. Cooper Rush is better than Jacoby Brissett and Amari basically has the same numbers as CeeDee with more TDs.

As I mentioned to the other poster, CeeDee is being targeted a lot because of the absence of Gallup the first few games of the season and the fact that the rest of our WRs are average. Schultz was hardly part of the offense while Cooper Rush was the QB. I’m not saying CeeDee has been bad, but he hasn’t lived up to a number one receiver. He and the rest of our WR group was being criticized on the radio 103.5 just last week. We haven’t had a 100 yard receiver through 8 games for the first time and 50 seasons.
I'd take Brissett all day, every day over cooper rush. Not even a question.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'd take Brissett all day, every day over cooper rush. Not even a question.

Based off what I saw this season from Cooper Rush I wouldn’t. Jacoby Brissett hasn’t had a winning record in any season despite getting multiple starts with four different teams. No one has been able to stay afloat with him. His career passer rating is 83.7.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Based off what I saw this season from Cooper Rush I wouldn’t. Jacoby Brissett hasn’t had a winning record in any season despite getting multiple starts with four different teams. No one has been able to stay afloat with him. His career passer rating is 83.7.
And you saw what happened when a team forced Rush to try and beat them through the air. Cooper Rush is at best an average NFL QB. He is not starter material.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And you saw what happened when a team forced Rush to try and beat them through the air. Cooper Rush is at best an average NFL QB. He is not starter material.

Cooper Rush is an average QB but at least we won some games with him and he kept us afloat, that’s what I’m basing my opinion on. Jacoby Brissett has bounced around the league and everywhere he goes he has a losing record. I like Cleveland’s WRs better than ours.