News: Cowboys Shouldn’t Fear Any Playoff Opponent

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys Shouldn’t Fear Any Playoff Opponent

http://cowboyszone.com/2017/01/cowboys-shouldnt-fear-any-playoff-opponent.html

...Right now it feels more and more like Cowboys are the underdogs against every team in the NFC. They can’t beat or score against the Giants, can’t stop the Falcons or Packers, and Seattle has the winning pedigree. The rookie quarterback has been a nice story, but the playoffs are a different story.

Apparently it’s easy to forget that Dallas is pretty good too. First, they have an offense that should have no issues running right through Green Bay or Atlanta’s Swiss cheese defenses. Injuries have also ravaged the Packers’ secondary, which poses very little threat to Prescott, Dez Bryant and company.

Let’s also remember the Cowboys’ improved defense. The unit is finding their pass rush and playing better than they have at any time this season, plus defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli has made the right adjustments for much of the year. The Cowboys have been much better on defense than most people anticipated...

Don Corleone

Reaction score

...Right now it feels more and more like Cowboys are the underdogs against every team in the NFC. They can’t beat or score against the Giants, can’t stop the Falcons or Packers, and Seattle has the winning pedigree. The rookie quarterback has been a nice story, but the playoffs are a different story.

Apparently it’s easy to forget that Dallas is pretty good too. First, they have an offense that should have no issues running right through Green Bay or Atlanta’s Swiss cheese defenses. Injuries have also ravaged the Packers’ secondary, which poses very little threat to Prescott, Dez Bryant and company.

Let’s also remember the Cowboys’ improved defense. The unit is finding their pass rush and playing better than they have at any time this season, plus defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli has made the right adjustments for much of the year. The Cowboys have been much better on defense than most people anticipated...

You love those Cowboys @CCBoy !!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
"Cowboys Shouldn't Fear Any Playoff Opponent"

And they won't. It's only some fans who "fear" opponents. :)
There is a huge difference between recognizing that teams like Atlanta and GB could hang 40 on us and being "afraid" of other teams.

Folks around here don't want to hear that, but there's very good reason to think that we certainly matchup better against others.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Fear no one. Finish the fight.

mugsybows

Reaction score
I was talking to my friend who is a big greenbay fan and he admits Aaron played great these last couple of weeks but said he thinks there is no way their defense holds up in the playoffs. He didn't even think they'd beat Giants. Guess they're starting rookie cornerbacks and are very thin on defense. The one thing I'm hearing from "experts" is GB are the team to watch out for. It's funny but we are number 1 and it sounds like most people have us as an easy out. But hey they doubted us all season I don't want "analysts" picking us as favorites in the postseason anyway. Excited for this week to see who we play.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mods can delete this if it's not acceptable:laugh:

dallasdave has to say about all Cowboys' playoffs opponents

200.gif

Hardline

Reaction score
While I don't fear any playoff opponent, I am not in denial that any opponent could knock the Cowboys out of the playoffs as well. All it takes is facing a hot team or your team coming out and laying an egg.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I look out the window each morning and then spend the rest of the day contemplating whether I should leave the house, does that qualify as taking a risk?
The pure contemplation is risky business. Yes.

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't fear anyone but you best believe they have a healthy respect for strong arm QB's with flashy fast WR's.

In the past three seasons only 3 receivers caught double digit passes for over 100 yards and scored two TD's on the Cowboys. One was garbage time last week. The other two were legit, Julio Jones and Odell Beckham.

In the past three seasons a quarterback has thrown for 3 TD's with a passer rating over 100 on six occasions against the Cowboys. Three of them are Eli.

And don't be fooled. The Giants are going to slaughter the Packers, count on it.

The best playoff game of the season will be the Giants and Cowboys, count on that too.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's amazing how all of a sudden we aren't worthy. Like, where the hell did all this nonsense come from? We didn't win 13 games with 2 rookies by accident. Our run defense isn't ranked number one by accident. Our OL is still the best in the NFL, or so I thought.

You play your back ups against the Eagles and all of a sudden the entire NFC is better than us?

Ya, um.........no.

Reaction score
It's amazing how all of a sudden we aren't worthy. Like, where the hell did all this nonsense come from? We didn't win 13 games with 2 rookies by accident. Our run defense isn't ranked number one by accident. Our OL is still the best in the NFL, or so I thought.

You play your back ups against the Eagles and all of a sudden the entire NFC is better than us?

Ya, um.........no.
I agree. The way some people talk, the Cowboys were 3-13.