News: Cowboys Shouldn’t Fear Any Playoff Opponent

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
There is a huge difference between recognizing that teams like Atlanta and GB could hang 40 on us and being "afraid" of other teams.

Folks around here don't want to hear that, but there's very good reason to think that we certainly matchup better against others.
And we could hang 40+ on either of them as well. Our offense is just as good and our defense is better.

Proximo

Reaction score
If anyone should be scared, it should be the rest of the NFC, fearing us.

EVERY other team in the conference has proven to be much more flawed, and not near as consistent as us.

The performances on the field don't lie.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Mods can delete this if it's not acceptable:laugh:

dallasdave has to say about all Cowboys' playoffs opponents

200.gif
i keep reading that in his surfer voice and laughing my *** off

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
We need to be ready for either NE or Pitt. For that, we need to play GB and Atlanta. High powered offenses with great QB play.

However, if KC happens to be the team, playing teams like NY and Seattle would be beneficial.

I say get the best of both....either NY and ATL or GB and Sea.

QuikZ06

Reaction score
Was just watching Mike & Mike and they basically just reiterated what everyone else has been saying. They said whoever wins the GB game this weekend will make it to the SB, crazy how the boys get no respect. It's cool though, I'd rather be the underdogs like we've been all season...they'll all be jumping on the bandwagon soon enough.

plasticman

Reaction score
Everybody keeps waiting for the stage to be too big for these two rookies. They are wasting their time.

Yes, the Giants are for real and both they and the Packers deserve respect and I guatantee they are getting the appropriate respect from Jason Garrett in his preperation.

However, consider:

The Cowboys were just screwing around when they shutdown the Lions and hung 42 on them, a team that was playing to clinch a playoff spot.

Imaagine what the Cowboys will do when they get serious.

The Giants aren't the only team with a defense that is peaking.

The Packers arent the only ones with an offense that can dominate.

Seattle is slightly above average outside of Washington state.

Atlanta's ended the season with a four game winning streak against teams.with a combined record of 19-45. Their #1 offense has to be on the field in order to score points. Despite the fact that their schedule was as soft as a baby's bottom, their defense is pathetic.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a huge difference between recognizing that teams like Atlanta and GB could hang 40 on us and being "afraid" of other teams.

Folks around here don't want to hear that, but there's very good reason to think that we certainly matchup better against others.
Marinelli is going to break out the 7 DB defense against GB and/or Atlanta.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
To anyone that has seen Dak's #FinishThisFight video that the Cowboys organization put out... That's my quarterback. :flagwave:

kramskoi

Reaction score
I was talking to my friend who is a big greenbay fan and he admits Aaron played great these last couple of weeks but said he thinks there is no way their defense holds up in the playoffs. He didn't even think they'd beat Giants. Guess they're starting rookie cornerbacks and are very thin on defense. The one thing I'm hearing from "experts" is GB are the team to watch out for. It's funny but we are number 1 and it sounds like most people have us as an easy out. But hey they doubted us all season I don't want "analysts" picking us as favorites in the postseason anyway. Excited for this week to see who we play.
Cowboys simply have no skins on the wall...which is the principle reason why they are not cited as the formidable favorites. This really should come down to Dallas vs. Atlanta, given that they are the most balanced teams (offensively) in the NFC...at least of the six that made the playoffs. For Dallas, I think it will still come down to the defense...and its ability to bend but not break in the red-zone. The Atlanta offense would be the best they have faced all year...they are ranked 1st with FootballOutsiders. If there is any team to fear, it would be them...in a game that could turn into a shoot-out...along the lines of the 1995 Title game vs. Green Bay.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I don't fear any playoff oppenent, or do I doubt that the players can get the job done, what I do doubt is our head coach and oc...HFA doesn't come easy, we wrapped up HFA with 2 games left in the season, will these coaches do all that is necessary to win, and by that, will they go to Romo if needed...