Cowboys/ Showed interest in Skuta at his pro day

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Cowboys | Showed interest in Skuta at his Pro Day
Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:47:38 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys showed heavy interest in Grand Valley State DL Dan Skuta at his Pro Day.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
here is some info on skuta

DT/DE/LB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State- Skuta stands at 6’2 259 pounds and runs in the 4.6 40 range and shows great athleticism on tape. His performance at the Cactus Bowl combined with an impressive workout at his pro day should land this versatile defender in the late rounds.

RS12

Reaction score
Joe you manage to find some obscure stuff. I havent heard of him. Sounds like a low round diamond type.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
just surf the internet alot and search draft rooms covering the cowboys and some of my hot spots for cowboys coverages

i have about 17 main ones that covers the cowboys and nfl draft

i found 2 more today on cowboys coverage, so try to give you zoners what i find

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
here is what someone posted on skuta

Arch Stanton
it was the grave marked unknown right beside

Q&A: Dan Skuta, LB, Grand Valley State
Written by Josh Buchanan
Thursday, 12 March 2009 11:12
NFL Draft Bible Q&A with NFL Draft Prospect linebacker Dan Skuta of Grand Valley State.

What are your current height, weight and workout numbers?

Skuta: Not sure about all of the numbers but I was 6’2 1/2, 249 pounds, which I think is off because I was 256 the day before. My vertical is 35 inches, broad jump is 9’9, and I did 20 reps on the bench. I think they had me down for a 4.64 in the 40 or somewhere around there. I am not sure on the short shuttle but the 3-cone was like a 7.03.

Talk about your pro day and team interest you received.

Skuta: It was exciting. I trained for seven or eight weeks for that one day. It was exciting to show what I got. It was nice to pull through with the numbers that I thought I would have. I think I had the longest day out of anybody because I had the normal workout stuff and an extended linebacker workout with the linebacker coach for Cincinnati. I long snapped for a while, which a lot of teams didn’t know I can do. They were impressed with that. I did some fullback drills by catching passes and running routes. One team has told me a few times that they were interested in seeing me at fullback and that is Green Bay.

Are you going to work out at any other pro days?

Skuta: I plan to go to Michigan State. I am not sure if I am in yet but I am working on that right now.

Where have you been training for your pro days?

Skuta: I stayed with my parents in Flint and this guy who played with the Bills and Patriots worked out with me in Saginaw on my strength training. He played linebacker so we did a lot of those drills. I was with a guy from Toledo who is a track guy who taught me how to run and worked on my quickness.

Did you feel snubbed by not having a combine invite?

Skuta: I felt I should have been in it for sure. A lot of scouts at the Cactus Bowl said I should be there but I couldn’t do anything about that. Everyone seems to think I should have been there and I agree, but that is how it goes sometimes coming from a small school so that is alright.

What is the highlight of your career?

Skuta: I can’t go without saying those two national championships. The sack when I passed Michael McFadden for our all-time sack total was special to me because I was passing the guy who taught me a lot about playing defensive line.

Who is the best player you have faced in your career?

Skuta: Xavier Omon ripped through us a couple times. I think Jake Visser was pretty good but I think Omon was the best I have seen.

Who is returning on your team that you think has NFL potential?

Skuta: Our quarterback has pinpoint accuracy but he is not a real big guy. He needs to get bigger but he has the accuracy. We got Blake Smolen who is a receiver and is quick. He runs well and catches well. He would be somebody that would get a look. I would maybe say Jake McGuckin on defense because of his nose for the ball. Nick McDonald has always been solid and NFL coaches are looking for someone who has a nasty streak and I think he has the attitude to play.

Who is the best player on your team?

Skuta: Probably Danny Richard.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Skuta: I am an outdoors man. We've got a cabin at the lake so my dad and I go fishing and all of that other stuff.

What is your favorite video game?

Skuta: I played a lot of Halo for a while and Call of Duty.

What is your favorite movie?

Skuta: Transformers or Gladiator.

What music is in your iPod right now?

Skuta: Probably Jamie Foxx, that new song Blame It.

What positions do teams want you to play?

Skuta: Defensive end, defensive tackle, linebacker, and fullback. Mostly that Sam Linebacker spot is what teams are looking at me for. I haven’t really been told defensive end much. I think it is more linebacker right now for me.

Which teams have shown the most interest?

Skuta: The Cincinnati Bengals and Dallas Cowboys like me. At the Cactus Bowl it seemed like Miami and Baltimore liked me a bit.

What are your future goals?

Skuta: Hopefully I have a long career in the NFL and do good things with my money. I want to maybe open a business and I want to coach football as soon as I can when I am done playing.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Small-S...ate_31209.html

"Welcome to my world, Jason" - Tony Romo