Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB CJ Goodwin

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Just as all teams are.
No, they aren't. They sign these types of players to futures contracts at the end of the season, or after the first few weeks of free agency. The Cowboys prioritize these guys.

I'm perfectly willing to risk CJ Goodwin getting scooped up by someone else. He, or players of equal caliber, will be available weeks if not months from now.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So because our overall special teams was bad that means every player up there was bad? Goodwin is known as a special teams ace
So was Heath, so was Frazier, so was random JAG #3.

I hear you guys say this every year and no evidence of this. When was the last time one of our special teamers was considered among the league best? These guys aren't Matt Slater, Bill Bates, Steve Tasker type guys. Fan Boy generated hype.

ESisback

Reaction score

I hear you guys say this every year and no evidence of this. When was the last time one of our special teamers was considered among the league best? These guys aren't Matt Slater, Bill Bates, Steve Tasker type guys. Fan Boy generated hype.

OK, we suck, we’re stupid and hopeless and doomed. Feel better?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol, smh.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
OK, we suck, we’re stupid and hopeless and doomed. Feel better?
I'd feel better if we stopped rewarding mediocrity and improved the roster.

So far, the only real upgrades are McCoy over Collins and HaHa over Heath.

We are not a better team than last year's 8-8 squad.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
More special teams fodder. Not sure how we had so many good special teamers on a really bad special teams unit. Hope the new coach can fix it.

ESisback

Reaction score

That’s where we differ. I’m glass half full, you’re glass half empty. I see the McCoy and HaHa upgrades, the inevitable improvement of Special Teams, and the change at HC as definite reasons for optimism. If we have a good draft and get another good FA pick up, the sky’s the limit, IMO.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I agree with that; however, there's just so much available. With the players they had up this year, the only way I thought they would improve appreciably would be the draft. They're not major players in FA. And those are not sure upgrades to me, this is Dix's 4th team for a reason.

Talent and value evaluation are the shortcomings of this FO, that hasn't changed.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
That’s where we differ. I’m glass half full, you’re glass half empty. I see the McCoy and HaHa upgrades, the inevitable improvement of Special Teams, and the change at HC as definite reasons for optimism. If we have a good draft and get another good FA pick up, the sky’s the limit, IMO.

I can understand that.

I think we absolutely upgraded coaching and unfortunately, we downgraded on roster depth and overall talent.

As far as the draft, that's a level field. Every team participates and will have equal chances to improve. It's arrogant to assume we will outdraft the Eagles, Saints, 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, or any other team we need to surpass to make and then beta in the playoffs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas ST unit is a work in progress for our new ST coach. CJ Goodwin is one of the leaders of that outfit that Fassel obviously wants to retain. It's nothing that suggests we'll be impressive, as yet, although, Fassel has the kind of reputation to encourage such faith. There's hope to be had for them.

Last edited: