Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Xavier Rhodes to practice squad

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Why would he need to be better than Joeseph who is currently like 5th on the depth chart at this point. At this stage, I doubt he’s better than Joseph… at least Joseph can still run without it appearing he’s wearing cinder blocks as shoes!

Because the cowboys have such little trust in Joseph they don’t even want to put him in games whether it be for miscues or penalties. The cowboys need playable bodies….Joseph is a mental mistake waiting to happen

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Because the cowboys have such little trust in Joseph they don’t even want to put him in games whether it be for miscues or penalties. The cowboys need playable bodies….Joseph is a mental mistake waiting to happen

Then they should waive him. Odds are, they're going to after the season, and they should. So, just get it over with, imo, and call up Rhodes.

exciter

Reaction score
Lol, Joseph is irrelevant, Rhodes hasn’t been a playable body in 2 or 3?seasons!

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Diggs
Bland
Wright
Joseph
Alexander
Mullen
Rhodes
Sheffield

It's a start.Pass Rush shows
Diggs
Bland
Wright
Joseph
Alexander
Mullen
Rhodes
Sheffield

It's a start.

Two things are a definite if we are to win in the playoffs!!
1st, Dak has to play solid, no picks, read the defense & keep the chains moving! If teams take CD away, he needs to challenge others to step up which I believe they can given the chance. Gallup needs to see the ball more! 2nd, the Defense has got to get the pass rush going like in the first hall of the season. A great pass rush will easily cover up any deficiencies we have in the defensive backfield! If #11 is doubled, someone else has got to win and get to the QB! We aren’t facing any great running QB’s until possibly the Eagles so turn it up!!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rhodes is on the team for his game knowledge first. If he is needed they have his ointment ready.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They will take a look at him and see what he brings. Maybe he’s a press man guy who has struggled in zone. Maybe he’s good in zone and struggles in man. Maybe if there’s one more injury or the playoffs prove too big for Wright and Joseph, they just want a veteran option. Maybe it’s a way to get a look see and he’s gone in 2 weeks. Whatever, never hurts to look at a vet this time of year.

conner01

Reaction score
Lol, he played in 2 games this season and was cut. He hasn’t been good for 3 years. But hey, we heard that name before!
He played pretty good in 2020 but not since. He’s 32 I think so he isn’t an long term answer but for a couple games he does have lots of experience

exciter

Reaction score
He played pretty good in 2020 but not since. He’s 32 I think so he isn’t an long term answer but for a couple games he does have lots of experience
He had a bit of a bounce back from 2019 when he allowed an 80% catch rate.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I like the signing. I in no way expect him to be the player he once was but as a PS player with perhaps the ability to play over Joseph or Wright I’m glad we brought him in to see if he can do something for us. If he doesn’t there is very little down side. Options are limited at this point of the season