Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign CB Xavier Rhodes to practice squad

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You normally only do this if you are desperate. my two cents

Signing a player to the practice squad screams desperation? There's really not much committment there, he's familiar with George Edward's and perhaps he can help some of the young dbs. Unless Wright, Joseph, Mullen, play terribly I don't know that he really sees the field.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Always a good idea to overhaul the website completely on the Friday before the last game of the season that has number 1 seed potential
Yeah I have to agree couldn't have picked a worse time to do this.

Why would you not do it in the off-season when nothing was going on.

I guess that would make too much sense

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Hankins and TY for sure. I think TY is great for the WR room. Lamb is the leader currently and he’s still only 23. Amazing he’s still so young.
He ain’t staying if we keep throwing him under the bus, more importantly if the said QB keeps throwing him under the bus

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Signing a player to the practice squad screams desperation? There's really not much committment there, he's familiar with George Edward's and perhaps he can help some of the young dbs. Unless Wright, Joseph, Mullen, play terribly I don't know that he really sees the field.

Uhh what's the rush??? Can we let him get acclimated first, it's happened to every player we've signed during the season! You don't just jump right in!

dlobell

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they signed TY Hilton to the practice squad initially. just saying

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think started a thread about him a few days ago...........no downside to taking a look.
Unfortunately there’s probably no upside either.

Dude of his tenure taking a practice squad role. He’s done.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Good football player.

Won’t take long for him to get on the field.

His 40 time must be ok, otherwise Dallas wouldn’t sign him.

bigE79

Reaction score
Nice pickup and will be our starting CB2 against Tampa. He should fit in fine since he is already familiar with the scheme(Edwards). Plus he played already with Jayron, Malik and Anthony.
I personally think we should play him against the skins, they are a beat up team and starting a rookie QB,I think this is a perfect game to get Rhodes acclamated to the defense,imo

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's better than Kelvin Joseph and our new signings at cornerback but is he ready to play in our last game and the playoffs to use him? Doubt it.