Cowboys sign Darren McFadden - 2yr deal worth up to $5.85m (200k bonus)

superonyx

Reaction score
I don't buy it. They will keep the best players. They know how to evaluate the talent better than we do. They are watching them everyday in practice.

Yes they do I agree...
This logic applies both ways. They cut Ryan Williams last year and never made him active. They will keep the best guys and if they didn't think he was one of the best guys when cutting him then what are his chances this year with McFadden and a possible 1st round running back on the team?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Is it wrong that I am secretly hoping for Dallas to sign Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis as well?

DanManJ

Reaction score
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 2m2 minutes ago
Source: Darren McFadden's 2-year deal worth up to $5.85 million. Receives $200,000 bonus.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
no one has said yet that we're signing him for more than being a camp body. i'll wait for more details before I draw up every scenario possible and rag into them as if reality.

Didn't realize stats could be so threatening. Wait away.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I actually like this. He's good in pass protection and very good as a receiver. When he was healthy, he was productive despite having a terrible O-Line and no QB to speak of. I'd like to see Randle and Williams get some competition and I think there's no guarantee he makes the team as he's not a special teams player.

YR

Like the pass protection and receiving ability. Also with his former coach now being our line coach I think theres some insight into how much better he can be ( staying healthy) behind our line vs Oaklands.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Oh trust me. Felix is in the conversation. This is going to get good. Incredible strategy.

I think Jerry just took the reigns back over.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 2m2 minutes ago
Source: Darren McFadden's 2-year deal worth up to $5.85 million. Receives $200,000 bonus.

$220K bonus. So basically no guaranteed money. We're kicking the tires on a guy who was thought to be a generational talent when he came out of Arkansas but whose career has fallen far short of expectations in a place where careers go to die. What's the problem here?

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Latavious Murray had 82 carries last year. 68 of them came in the final 4 games of the season when he was the primary ball carrier and he averaged 3.8 ypc.

The only reason his ypc for the season is so high is because he had 2 games where he had 8 carries for 155.

Exactly. Too many people have chicken little syndrome. Calling this a terrible by the front office is laughable. They brought in a camp body with upside for pennies.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
toddarcher
3/13/15, 10:08 AM

No way, bruh.

"up to" being the key phrase here. And 200K signing bonus is nothing.

I'm not crazy about McFadden that's for sure. I don't think they're looking for him to be the lead back though, and if they don't I think he'll be fine.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys have made the decision that it is better business to spend their money on offensive linemen, and go cheap at running back as opposed to the other way around. I fully support this decision and question the judgment of those who think otherwise.

Shanahan made a living off of this approach in Denver, and to a degree in Washington.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Guys... This signing reminds me a lot of Rolando McClain.

That guy was Super talented but he sucked in Oakland as well.

Get him in Dallas and he looks amazing.

This has a ton of upside with little risk and he wont even be the feature back.

This is the only reason why the move is not a big deal, unless it convinces Dallas that the backfield of McFadden/Randle/Dunbar/Williams is good enough.

We just lost an 1,800-yard back and our plan to replace him (other than bringing in a high-quality FA) needs to be to throw as many darts at the board as possible and see if any of them stick. If that means an RB falls to us in the first round that is worth taking, we take him ... but there's always the possibility he'll bust so it's good to have other options.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
LISTEN PEOPLE!

Murray: 934 attempts, 171 receptions = 1,105 touches
McFadden: 1038 attempts, 211 receptions = 1,249 touches

McFadden is 6 months older than Murray.

So Murray isn't washed up, but McFadden is with only 144 more touches than Murray.

Please. You all need to go root for Philly.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Wow.. Darren Mcfadden? lol.. that was a pathetic desperation move. Makes us look stupid.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Nearly $6 million total for McFadden. Wow.

Jerry didn't like people saying he wasn't in charge anymore. So he goes and does a Jerry thing to prove he's still the boss.