Cowboys sign Darren McFadden - 2yr deal worth up to $5.85m (200k bonus)

phildadon86

Reaction score
Folks, it's a free look.

He either blows us away, or he takes his $200K and goes away.

This is like an undrafted rookie free agent. There's nothing to lose here.

Really dont try explaining it. People just dont understand lol

wilfred

Reaction score
You guys are brutal lol
341f1d74b1bb8e78e00a83816b8bd76f62315663c3157875d876f01ca6049f17.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The contract numbers will tell the story. We are still going to draft some one and let the fight begin.

I don't like 'the plan' so far.

Between Randle being an unreliable bonehead and Dunbar getting over $1 million to do next to nothing, I'd like to see a more solid option added than yet another guy we hope can do something.

If it was Spiller or even Ridley, I could see the upside, but McFadden has been in this league 7 years and the only thing he's proven is to be mediocre.

pacboyX

Reaction score
Exactly. Ppl are all hyped about Williams, but McFadden was a better prospect and less injured

Not sayin Mcfadden isnt a good signing, but the thing about Williams is he literally has no wear on his knees and hes younger. Yea Williams and Mcfadden are both injury prone but it should be good competition.

Atticus

Reaction score
We need rb... Now McFadden is on a good team, much better organization, leaders like Witten, Romo, dez can get him to play at a high level.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Amazing that people are already pegging him as our starter and our season is over. Did i miss preseason? Who did we draft guys? I must have slept through the entire offseason. Jeeze guys R-E-L-A-X

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Guys... This signing reminds me a lot of Rolando McClain.

That guy was Super talented but he sucked in Oakland as well.

Get him in Dallas and he looks amazing.

This has a ton of upside with little risk and he wont even be the feature back.

True......

he was the only thing Oakland had on offense for years....and teams loaded up against him. So who knows?????

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If he can become the guy everyone thought he'd be coming into the NFL, the Cowboys will very happy.

It's probably a stretch, however, it gives us something to wish for.

He is big RB who once had speed 4.33 how much speed he has left? I don't know. One thing for sure he needs to come in here ready to work his tail off to get himself ready.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hate to break this to you guys. but i think when all is said and done, McFadden will be the starter this year.

If he does, that will mean he has returned to form and that would be very good news. If he doesn't return to form, then he won't win the job and Dallas won't pay him much at all. 200K bonus? That is cheap.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
It gives them proven mediocrity and a known bust.

Anyone who's ever carried the ball in the NFL qualifies as a 'veteran'. And plenty of available options have gone well over that minimal 1,000 yard bar you've set. This guy has accomplished that 'feat' exactly once in 7 seasons.

No interest in CJ Spiller or even Ridley, but they sign this proven loser?

But some people will line up to praise whatever moves the Cowboys do or don't make.

I don't see this move being "praised." Most hate it but it's a no big deal contract at all, IMO. Hardly any guaranteed money and has to "earn" the money. Just don't see the need for the overreaction on the actual deal. Sure, he's been hurt and not good results so far. I view it as a wait and see what happens, may not even be on team. The deal is no risk, IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly. Ppl are all hyped about Williams, but McFadden was a better prospect and less injured

Yeah..

I think he'll be an explosive player for us.. I really do.

I just hope he is a role player and we aren't hanging our hat on him being Demarco next season.

Section446

Reaction score
After seeing the contract, it's a great move. We have zero to lose with this one.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Assuming DMc has a good spring/summer, it will be interesting to see how the RB position shakes out. Randle is a good backup and STs contributor. Then there's Dunbar who they like and Williams. And there's the likely addition of a fairly high draft pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Folks, it's a free look.

He either blows us away, or he takes his $200K and goes away.

This is like an undrafted rookie free agent. There's nothing to lose here.

Thank You

I've been trying to say this.
Add bodies that might be better than you'd get off the street and throw them into the ring with what you have and what you will draft.
May the top 3 win

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don't like 'the plan' so far.

Between Randle being an unreliable bonehead and Dunbar getting over $1 million to do next to nothing, I'd like to see a more solid option added than yet another guy we hope can do something.

If it was Spiller or even Ridley, I could see the upside, but McFadden has been in this league 7 years and the only thing he's proven is to be mediocre.

We can easily force Dunbar into a pay cut. He knows if he gets cut that he maybe gets a vet minimum look elsewhere.

McF has been mediocre. But I'm going to say anyone involved with the Raiders is hard to evaluate. That organization has been a hot mess for a while.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Until he is no longer the property of the Minnesota Vikings or the league reinstates him, I know.

Sorry, I have a little more facts on my side.

But your facts don't include the possibility of simply cutting AP or trading him.

Oh, and a fact is something known with certainty. You don't know with certainty that the Vikings will keep Adrian Peterson on their roster.

They also could employ two other scenarios, something they and all other teams have done with players under contract.

So, again, you know this how?