U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jun 24
12:58
PM CT
By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys signed defensive lineman Jerome Long to take the roster spot of Anthony Hargrove, who was cut last week.

Long took part in the Cowboys’ rookie minicamp on a tryout basis but was not signed. He was a seventh-round pick by Kansas City in 2012 and was signed off the Chiefs’ practice squad late last season by Jacksonville. The Jaguars cut Long in April.

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4709818/cowboys-add-dl-to-roster

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Really thought they might add another QB but the cupboard is pretty bare.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6-4, 285 pounds. I think we've got a type we're looking for on the DL...

JeffInDC

Reaction score
6-4, 285 pounds. I think we've got a type we're looking for on the DL...

Me thinks you are right. In the near future (drafts in particular), look for the 'Boys to draft DE's in the 6'3"-6'5" range that weigh between 265-285 with good to great short-area quickness. As for DT's, look for 6'2"-6'4", 285-305 with, AGAIN, thier short-are quickness being the major defining quality. Of course, the larger, stronger athlete that shows these traits will take priority.

iceman117

Reaction score
They need a couple guys to step up on the D-line between Crawford,Wilbur,Hayden,Bass maybe Long can get some quality snaps for this D if he can make them team