Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DT Gerald Dixon Jr

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Ever notice how many UFA we pick up ! Half the team must have gone undrafted ..... Starting to feel like 2013 all over again.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
proday32

man, I am out of breath just looking at that :omg:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We also released S Rolan Milligan and OT Darryl Baldwin.

Milligan's a bit of a surprise to me, but he apparently has a foot injury.

That leaves us with a roster spot to fill, which presumably will be used for a quarterback.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why is McClain still on this roster?? I don't think I ever recall him playing more than 3 games.

It was explained somewhere that it has to do with his $750,000 bonus. If Dallas releases him, he gets to keep the entire bonus. The longer they keep him and he doesn't play, the more money they get back, along with incentive money he was given. That money can be moved onto next year's cap, I believe.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It was explained somewhere that it has to do with his $750,000 bonus. If Dallas releases him, he gets to keep the entire bonus. The longer they keep him and he doesn't play, the more money they get back, along with incentive money he was given. That money can be moved onto next year's cap, I believe.

Wrong McClain.

Craig

Reaction score
seems like he should have been picked up by a 3-4 team by now.

Plankton

Reaction score
Dixon's father was a solid, blue collar linebacker for a number of seasons in the league. Hope his son has the same toughness.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mickey Spagnola was talking bad about the guy on Talkin' Cowboys today. He called him a "trash can, dough boy, Michelin Man" after seeing him show up for the workout, but that was before he heard that the Cowboys signed him. Pretty funny.

Mickey Spagnola‏@Spags52
Mickey Spagnola Retweeted Greg Bembry

Guess they needed an available camp BODY. I'll write it of to being a 1-tech.

Mickey Spagnola added,

Greg Bembry @ShadowReborn
@Spags52 Did the Cowboys just sign the DT that you compared to a trash can? lol I hope that was someone else!

8:04 PM - 3 Aug 2016

Sometimes being a mindless apologist for the team backfires on you.