Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

erod

Reaction score
you are clearly out of touch with what happened in the nfl last year. One of the worst takes I’ve seen on this board
He's played for three teams in six years. Green Bay, Washington, and Chicago do not want him back.

He was a first round pick who can'tr cover or tackle.

He isn't good.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Ok? Someone tell me how to feel about this.

tumblr_olr8lgI2vm1w4199oo1_250.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Sturm posted some scary Gifs of Dix work!
Not a great tackler. Can occasionally get some picks but that is balanced by his bad habits of poor tackling and occasional bad coverage angles. He was drafted by MM in 2016 so maybe he’s here on Macs recommendation. GB is the only team that’s had him for more than one year. Ouch.

Tussinman

Reaction score
LOL at "uhh you paying for the name with McCoy and Clinton-dix"

Wonder if these same users are going to be shocked that they both clearly outplay players like Heath and Convington or are these same users going to spend all season downplaying there performance ?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's played for three teams in six years. Green Bay, Washington, and Chicago do not want him back.

He was a first round pick who can'tr cover or tackle.

He isn't good.

Quinn has also played on 3 teams in six years. That’s irrelevant to whether you are good or not. He’s good, idk what you’ve been watching

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
“Huge upgrade”? Hardly- and It doesn’t make Haha “the answer” at S. My hopes are in a top draft pick at S.
He is a stop gap at best at this point in his career, considering the other available FA safeties, everyone would be having the same reaction regardless the name.
Ive mentioned Dix in threads as someone that could come in cheap, with vet experience, that's what we are getting here.
Good draft year for teams in need of safety help.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Not a great tackler. Can occasionally get some picks but that is balanced by his bad habits of poor tackling and occasional bad coverage angles. He was drafted by MM in 2016 so maybe he’s here on Macs recommendation. GB is the only team that’s had him for more than one year. Ouch.
All we can hope is that under Mike he had those 14 interceptions in GB, hope we get that guy and not the one from the last several years!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Upgrade over Heath. Not gonna be a game changer but an upgrade is an upgrade

We’ll see if he’s an upgrade he went one and done with his last two teams. The Cowboys will be his fourth team and his third team in the last three years. Hard to get real excited about a player that’s bouncing around from team to team. Certainly not saying it’s a bad signing but only time will tell if he works out.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a stop gap at best at this point in his career, considering the other available FA safeties, everyone would be having the same reaction regardless the name.
Ive mentioned Dix in threads as someone that could come in cheap, with vet experience, that's what we are getting here.
I generally agree. He’s a stop gap...on a one year deal. We still need to draft a S early IMO!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isnt a long term solution. He hasn't been that for anyone in a while. But he is a guy that will plug a for you, to where you know you can go into season with your starter
I think the one year deal says a lot about his perceived value. Nothing screams “stop gap” like a 27 yr old on his 4th team and with a one year contract!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I generally agree. He’s a stop gap...on a one year deal. We still need to draft a S early IMO!
When I look at this current roster, and what is available still in FA,, I cant see this team passing on safety early in this draft.
I can see this team going DL/Safety considering board grade in rounds 1 and 2.
Should be top priority.

Tussinman

Reaction score
And the bears are the ones saying “Ha ha”!
Bears are going to be saying "ha ha" during training camp when 1. Quinn tells the defensive coach "uhh I don't know what a screen pass is" and 2. when Charles Leno absolutely murders Quinn in run drills.

Your right, the bears will be laughing plenty (Bear: "lol we paid a 16 million dollar cap hit for a one trick poney, lets extend Tribitsky next")