Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K/P Maher

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys have a deal with kicker/punter Brett Maher. He was with the team briefly in the 2013 offseason and had been in the CFL since 2014. He played last season for the Ottawa Redblacks. His signing is more about not overworking Dan Bailey and Chris Jones in the offseason.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

The Cowboys have a deal with kicker/punter Brett Maher. He was with the team briefly in the 2013 offseason and had been in the CFL since 2014. He played last season for the Ottawa Redblacks. His signing is more about not overworking Dan Bailey and Chris Jones in the offseason.

Good.

Bailey is worth 3 games a year.

We need him healthy.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
So does that mean they won’t be drafting a punter in the 4th round?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Welp. We can check this position off of the 1st round potentials draft list.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Redblacks eh? That name alone is calling out gingers and blacks. Wow! Get ready for a media frenzy! Way to go Jerry/Cowboys! I guess Canada has yet to truly get it!

#obligatorychampionship

Reaction score
Redblacks eh? That name alone is calling out gingers and blacks. Wow! Get ready for a media frenzy! Way to go Jerry/Cowboys! I guess Canada has yet to truly get it!

#obligatorychampionship

The name is a take on the rugby team nicknames in New Zealand etc. He's a good kicker and handled the punting too. I'm a red black and cowboy fan up here in Canada and I've seen him kick.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Not a ‘CHAMPIONSHIP!’ yet? Get your shizzle together, people.

Pants

Reaction score
Damn, that Martin extension just got harder

Seriously though, good move to get an extra leg in there for camp