1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Rashad Smith (Bears) and OT Alex Light (Cardinals) off other clubs PS

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Sep 15, 2020.

1. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,863 Messages
    15,726 Likes Received

I mean, you're not wrong, but Jerry relied on a guy he drafted with known neck issues who missed most of last season, a guy who had a catastrophic injury and has looked lousy since, a guy who I don't think has ever played a full season and is on IR, and a couple of guys that should probably be on the practice squad or scout teams. After last season it was clear to anyone looking without Cowboy tinted glasses that the linebacking core needed a lot of help. They did nothing to address it. So no, it's not entirely Jerry's fault, but let's not act like these guys getting hurt was some fluke.

2. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

14,949 Messages
    20,185 Likes Received

They did talk to LBs that went in day 1-2 but the value they got on their picks was great. I think they knew but usually are conservative on issues like this

3. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

27,511 Messages
    51,917 Likes Received
    Actually, Jaylon and LVE looked like a great duo 2 years ago, and Lee played all 16 last year. I've been a supporter of Jaylon's, but Sunday he looked absolutely terrible. He wasn't afraid of contact though, in fact he seems to think he's a lot bigger than he is. He tries to go through OL who just throw him through the air like you'd throw a child into a pool. (Whether it's full or empty depends on the child.) I don't see a lack of effort from him, just a lack of intelligence.

stasheroo likes this.
  4. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

23,764 Messages
    16,600 Likes Received
    Carr has been a better player in his career than probably Wilson, Thompson and even Woods can probably hope to have. Granted, it has been at corner, but it's likely that he's simply the superior player no matter the position.

5. gimmesix

23,764 Messages
    16,600 Likes Received
    Sounds like a Darren Woodson starter kit. Don't know how slow or fast he is, though.

6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

15,313 Messages
    6,133 Likes Received
    Well i hope Dalton Schultz make me a believer. I would love for a TE to emerge out of the trash pile.

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  7. aria

aria Well-Known Member

14,887 Messages
    14,189 Likes Received
    It really is, keeps the game closer and therefore more interesting. Who wants to dominate all the time, sounds like a drama less snooze fest!

8. beware_d-ware

beware_d-ware Well-Known Member

4,768 Messages
    5,774 Likes Received
    How the heck do you lose your top 3 tackles.

Praxit likes this.
  9. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

10,156 Messages
    7,090 Likes Received
    LLLOOLLL, if we get one that is where it will come from.

10. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

6,076 Messages
    3,368 Likes Received
    No. Not at safety.

11. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

4,086 Messages
    4,177 Likes Received
    ..lol.. bad luck. She's quite popular.

12. gimmesix

23,764 Messages
    16,600 Likes Received
    We'll see.

stilltheguru likes this.
  13. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

65,523 Messages
    75,108 Likes Received
    I'm interested to see what they do with OT Alex Light. He made McCarthy and Philbin's 2018 Packers team as an undrafted free agent, and Dallas jumped at the chance to bring him here as soon as they were able. The new coaches must like him. He did play some right tackle for the Pack and he might actually be a better short term option than Steele. It was mentioned that he showed his versatility by lining up at center, guard, and tackle.

14. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

17,342 Messages
    27,945 Likes Received
    So every offensive lineman on our team outside of Smith, Martin and Collins are jack of all trades and masters of none.

Sometimes having versatile players is a nice thing. But I much prefer a player being solid at one position than below average at multiple

15. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

17,636 Messages
    21,556 Likes Received
    At 6-5, 287 lbs., Alex really is a bit Light! :muttley: Nevertheless, maybe there not much to lose by giving him a shot at RT 'til La'el returns?! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

65,523 Messages
    75,108 Likes Received
    I agree about that for your starters, but as we've seen, injuries can crop up at any position at any time, and as far as backup players, the more you can do, the better.

SeanLee50 likes this.
  17. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,211 Messages
    49,281 Likes Received
    He has played Safety.

18. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

6,076 Messages
    3,368 Likes Received
    And has as many ints as donavan wilson who played like 4 snaps.