Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign OG Marcus Martin

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
this is gonna be fun to watch play out.
on the surface it appears Fleming is our RT and they kick Collins....their best moveable piece to OG.
but money wise....Collins stays at OT and Martin battles with a rookie for the OG spot.
but does Fleming leave NE to sit.....so until there is something official I think Collins kicks inside to OG,Fleming moves in at RT.....and the swing T is either Green,a rookie or Fleming.
gonna be fun to watch play out.
I dont think they go OG or WR at 19...unless Ridley drops to them.
I think it'll be a LB.
But what if Kolton Miller makes an impression on them during his 30 visit...gonna be interesting.
You gotta think tho,with LVE coming for a private work-out and a 30 visit....they're getting really hands-on with the Boise St LB.

Why moneywise? How much did Martin get?

I know Fleming is getting up to $3.5 million. According to spotrac, only 22 right tackles are making more in 2018 on average. (La'el Collins is third, though.) It seems like Fleming's betting on himself to win a job and make more when he hits free agency next year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

I know Fleming is getting up to $3.5 million. According to spotrac, only 22 right tackles are making more in 2018 on average. (La'el Collins is third, though.) It seems like Fleming's betting on himself to win a job and make more when he hits free agency next year.
Think maybe the others are on their rookie contracts?

cowboyec

Reaction score

money wise meaning Collins v Fleming.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
money wise meaning Collins v Fleming.

Definitely, Collins is getting paid more, but he's also more proven as a player. Why pay Fleming like Collins until he proves it?

If I'm following the money, then it looks to me like Fleming is the fifth starter. But we're not wedged into that because of his contract if a prospect comes along in the draft that we can't pass on.

Of course, I haven't seen Martin's contract yet, but it'll surprise me if it's more than a couple million.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Definitely, Collins is getting paid more, but he's also more proven as a player. Why pay Fleming like Collins until he proves it?

If I'm following the money, then it looks to me like Fleming is the fifth starter. But we're not wedged into that because of his contract if a prospect comes along in the draft that we can't pass on.

Of course, I haven't seen Martin's contract yet, but it'll surprise me if it's more than a couple million.
agreed.