Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Richard Mullaney WR Alabama

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Deceptive speed, high football IQ. A real team player who considers himself a student of the game. Not going to wow you with athleticism, but he'll be the first one on the field and the last off of it. A real throwback kind of player. Gym rat who leaves it all out there and will be a leader in the locker room.

Did I miss anything?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope to hear them !!!

I would t hold your breath. Even if he was contemplating a comeback, I don't see a player with his troubled past being welcomed here.

After recent events, I think the emphasis on character is back on the rise.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mullaney is 6-2, 204 lbs. and runs a 4.76 forty. Not fast but has functional quickness, runs precise routes and is capable of gaining separation. He's a tough, old-school type with good strength and his blocking is a strong suit. Was regarded as a sure-handed, possession-type WR for Alabama. What's not to like? Speed isn't everything -- there's much to be said for reliable consistency . . . he might be worth a looksee.

Last edited:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
go setup your own. we'll follow.

promise.

kvJNd_s-200x150.gif

KDM256

Reaction score
Mullaney has great hands and what I would consider a move the chains type of receiver. Was solid at Bama and made plays when his number was called. Hope to see the kid perform well enough to make a practice squad somewhere if not here with Dallas.

DFWJC

Reaction score
fwiw, Ed Hagen did get signed almost immediately.

John813

Reaction score
Well, if he shows enough to make the PS, then I consider it a nice late signing.

Derinyar

Reaction score
With Brown out we need someone to catch second half passes this week. This looks like the guy opposite Andy Jones. Maybe he can catch the damn ball.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Looks nothing like Eagan. Eagan looked to be more of a returner/slot guy, Mullaney looks like he could play outside as well which I think makes him a little more valuable here.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
lol...this.

Why does it seem all players get compared to other players by their melanin content and not their actual game/skillset?
As unfair as it is, is just hard for some people to see outside of that. It's somewhat understandable. It can be ridiculous though like when Cam Newton was automatically being compared to Michael Vick, when he is nothing like him. He is more like Big Ben