Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign WR Johnnie Dixon

Shadowfax

Reaction score
Sounds like he at least has some tools. This is from his 2019 pro day.

“Dixon also followed up a strong performance at the combine – where he ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash – with an excellent pro day workout on Wednesday, as he consistently caught the ball cleanly away from his body and looked smooth running routes.”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many freaking WR's do they need.
This is now 14 on the roster. And the top 7 are pretty clear, possibly 8.

Yet they only have 9 LB's if you count Neal. But yet every year they are light at LB heavy on WR.

I like that he is a Buckeye, and remember him some though.
There will be a lot of people on a 90 man training camp roster the team won't need for the regular season, but they need bodies in camp to run the drills. With WR, obviously you can't keep passing drills going smoothly by only having a handful of WRs who run every route because it takes time for them to get back to the line of scrimmage from having run the previous route, and that would just be dead time, and they get too gassed. It takes bodies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like he at least has some tools. This is from his 2019 pro day.

“Dixon also followed up a strong performance at the combine – where he ran a 4.41-second 40-yard dash – with an excellent pro day workout on Wednesday, as he consistently caught the ball cleanly away from his body and looked smooth running routes.”

Yeah well I won't know how I feel about this until Rockport adds his name and mugshot to his WR review.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How many freaking WR's do they need.
This is now 14 on the roster. And the top 7 are pretty clear, possibly 8.

Yet they only have 9 LB's if you count Neal. But yet every year they are light at LB heavy on WR.

I like that he is a Buckeye, and remember him some though.

The more camp fodder WRs we sign, the more young QBs we can audition. I'm all for spending more resources to develop young QBs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we need special teamers. Thats all this guy was brought in here for. That said, he has the tools to exceed expectations for him.Dunno bout you all, but I do not need to see Ceedee Lamb returning kicks or punts, thus risking injury. I imagine we are looking for a guy or 2 that can show good hands and speed to give us some juice on ST.This dude has the potential to do that if he can stay healthy.

J-man

Reaction score
camp body, won't make the team, as with many of these guys already here, including some of the recent 53 members

fredp22

Reaction score
glad to see we are addressing our WR position.
we were spending way to much time on the safety/CB/ LB/OL/QB and DT depth.

Rayman70

Reaction score
camp body, won't make the team, as with many of these guys already here, including some of the recent 53 members
and that ^ is the likely outcome. That said, he's worth taking a flier on just in case the guy shines and can find a landing spot on the 53. This year is open competition and I love it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
glad to see we are addressing our WR position.
we were spending way to much time on the safety/CB/ LB/OL/QB and DT depth.
Commish and most fans want a pass first league,, well the Dallas Cowboys are obliging.