Cowboys Smash The Bears, 34-10!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys smash the Bears, 34-10!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9/23/07 11:47 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wow. You just have to say wow after watching that game. When the score is 3-3 at halftime against the defending 2006 NFC Champs you have to happy. When the game ends and you just watch your team outscore them 31 to 7 in the final two quarters you have to be ecstatic! I am talking running around high fiving anyone and everyone ecstatic!

Tony Romo looks like freaking Michael Vick running around out there buying time to find his WR/TE/RB's and making very good things happen. Give that kid a big fat contract already Mr. Jones! He has also established himself as the team leader by not ever letting his offense lose focus. Jason Garrett is doing a masterful job at calling games as well. His halftime adjustments were simply brilliant. After doing a few good things in the first half, but shooting themselves in the foot with dropped passes and penalties Garrett never lost confidence in the unit. Instead he kept on attacking that vaunted Bears defense and before long they were worn out. Terrell Owens showed us much of the same ol' same ol' by coming up with one big catch after another. The Bears at one point were clearly flustered by the combo of Romo to Owens and it was on display for the entire country. Marion Barber and Julius Jones were their usual consistent contributing the offensive explosion selves. MBIII took it to the weary Bears defense down the stretch and made most of his fantasy owners, me for one, very happy with a late TD to really seal the deal. How about the offensive line? Even with the silly penalties I can't bring myself to be mad at them tonight. Maybe tomorrow that all changes, but for tonight I love the pass blocking and can live with the run blocking so they are all good in my book. If I am giving out a game ball on offense it goes to Jason Garrett because he 'unleashed the hounds' on a top tier defense and came out on top.

Not that's how to play defense. Stuff the run and do not allow big plays in the passing game. Something has gotten into Anthony Henry these days. He is now attacking the football for the most part and it's also probably a nice thing that Rex Grossman was the guy tossing the rock. Demarcus Ware was better than he had been in the first two games and looked to be getting around the corner in this game with more desire to get that sack as opposed to a 'pressure'. Roy Williams, Bradie James, Akin Ayodele, Ken Hamlin, Terence Newman, Jacques Reeves, Jay Ratliff, Chris Canty, etc, they all get props for playing well enough to win a huge game on the road. How about Anthony Spencer. Saw him make two very good plays where he looked like a young Demarcus Ware. One play where he held the edge and made the tackle on Cedric Benson. The other play was the sack on Grossman where he just used his speed rush to sniff out the QB. Ever improving is the phrase I would use to describe this defense right now.

Nick 'folking' Folk is the man people! The kid just goes out there and makes the kicks which is exactly what I want to say when I talk about him. Love his style too, just kick it and head off to kick for another day. McBriar, best punter in the game. Coverage units. Wow, Devin who? All that worrying about nothing. These units came into this game and shut that Hester kid down all game. Very impressive if you ask me.

This was a very very very impressive win. Reminded me of the win over the Panthers last season. Now we just need to keep it going and move the focus to the Rams who are coming to Texas Stadium next Sunday.
[/FONT]