News: Cowboys Special Teams Delivers in Minnesota Road Win

CCBoy

Reaction score
http://www.5pointsblue.com/cowboys-special-teams-delivers-minnesota-road-win/

Cowboys Special Teams Delivers in Minnesota Road Win

First things first, don’t let anyone tell you the Cowboys’ 17-15 victory at Minnesota on Thursday Night Football was an “ugly win” for the Cowboys. I’ve had several coaches over the years tell me there’s no such thing as an ‘ugly win’, only ugly losses. That’s because, in the standings, a “W” is a “W”. All wins count the same and look awfully beautiful…especially when there are now 11 “W’s” in a row for the Cowboys this season.

Cowboys-Vikings was a nail biter, that’s for sure, because it was an especially difficult night for the Cowboys offense which was shut down for most of the game by an awfully stingy Vikings defense that showed why it’s one of the top defense in the NFL.

The three Cowboys’ scoring plays included the usual cast of suspects: a touchdown each for Zeke and Dez, and a field goal by Dan Bailey. But it was Cowboys’ special teams and some unlikely heroes who made the Play of the Game that turned the tide in the Cowboys favor.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Being a linebacker, I liked reading this...*Linebacker Anthony Hitchens had a heck of a night. His interception was negated by a penalty, but he still led the team with 10 tackles including one of 3 Cowboys’ sacks.

Carson

Reaction score
Being a linebacker, I liked reading this...*Linebacker Anthony Hitchens had a heck of a night. His interception was negated by a penalty, but he still led the team with 10 tackles including one of 3 Cowboys’ sacks.

Crazy stat. He tied with Byron Jones with 10 tackles! Big nights for both

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Great efforts by Chris Jones, and the ST players. They took away Cordell Patterson as a return threat, and helped set up the O by great field position on the fumble recovery.