Cowboys Study Bears on the Airplane

DC_Addict

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/videos (Click Wade vid, bottom row) Coach of the week spotlight.

Wade said after Cowboys plane landed in Chicago, flight attendants asked Wade what he said to those boys to make them spend the entire flight studying the Bears? He said they wanted to win so they were willing to study hard to prepare. Thats how bad they want to win games.

I guess most teams sleep or party on their way to games. I like hearing that our guys care that much about winning.:star:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DC_Addict;1669313 said:
I guess most teams sleep or party on their way to games. I like hearing that our guys care that much about winning.:star:

I really doubt that the players are allowed to "party" on the team plane on the way to a game.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
abersonc;1669319 said:
I really doubt that the players are allowed to "party" on the team plane on the way to a game.

:lmao2:

"Party" made me laugh to.

I pictured the O-Line picking each other up by the legs and doing keg stands in the cockpit.

I think he means playing cards and rolling dice and stuff like that.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
DC_Addict;1669313 said:
http://www.nfl.com/videos (Click Wade vid, bottom row) Coach of the week spotlight.

Wade said after Cowboys plane landed in Chicago, flight attendants asked Wade what he said to those boys to make them spend the entire flight studying the Bears? He said they wanted to win so they were willing to study hard to prepare. Thats how bad they want to win games.

He prefaced the comments by saying, "Do you wanna know at what point I knew we were going to win this game?"

He followed with the quote above about how intently his players were studying on the plane.

Good stuff.

:thumbup:

DC_Addict

Reaction score
smarta5150;1669325 said:
:lmao2:

I think he means playing cards and rolling dice and stuff like that.

Thats what I meant. How many teams do you think actually study on the way to games? Not many I'd guess.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
DC_Addict;1669344 said:
Thats what I meant. How many teams do you think actually study on the way to games? Not many I'd guess.

Shouldn't they be prepared already though?

It kind of sounds like they were cramming for a test... I took that path in college and it got me Cs :cool:

I am only messing around, the effort and determination to win impresses me.

Lets just hope they keep all this up.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DC_Addict;1669344 said:

Hmm, I'd think with all the DVD technology etc. that smart players are using that time to study.

DC_Addict

Reaction score
smarta5150;1669353 said:
Shouldn't they be prepared already though?

It kind of sounds like they were cramming for a test... I took that path in college and it got me Cs :cool:

I am only messing around, the effort and determination to win impresses me.

Lets just hope they keep all this up.

yeah, I was impressed with that. The Flight attendants sounded as if they were shocked to see a football team studying an opponent on a plane.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Maybe the flight attendants were disappointed in the "mile high club rejection." :D