Image: Cowboys Super Bowl XXVII team reunion

J_Allen

Reaction score
Norton is actually one of my all time favorites.

He did not care about you, the Cowboys, or their fans. He cared about money and helped keep us from winning three straight.

I'll never forget seeing him walking off the field after the 94 NFC Championship game and being interviewed. Let's just say his eyes and face looked a little off. That's as far as I'll take it.

robjay04

Reaction score
He did not care about you, the Cowboys, or their fans. He cared about money and helped keep us from winning three straight.

I'll never forget seeing him walking off the field after the 94 NFC Championship game and being interviewed. Let's just say his eyes and face looked a little off. That's as far as I'll take it.

Truthfully, they should only care to a certain point. I don't know all of the details but I'm loyal to my job but if a rival company comes around and wants to offer me a significant pay increase, I would probably strongly consider doing what is right for my family, even if that means I let some people down.

If we didn't pay Emmitt when he held out (twice), he wouldn't have been so loyal either. He may have signed to a rival team that was willing to pay him his market value out of spite much like Murray did.

FWIW, I feel we lose hat game with or without Norton.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Truthfully, they should only care to a certain point. I don't know all of the details but I'm loyal to my job but if a rival company comes around and wants to offer me a significant pay increase, I would probably strongly consider doing what is right for my family, even if that means I let some people down.

If we didn't pay Emmitt when he held out (twice), he wouldn't have been so loyal either. He may have signed to a rival team that was willing to pay him his market value out of spite much like Murray did.

I think he left for $100,000 more and I don't believe we lose with Norton.

But the good news is we got a compensatory pick for him and took......Larry Allen.

Last edited:

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

I think you're being nice - you'd take it because the loyalty doesn't go both ways today, both from the company and from the employee.

MarkP88

Reaction score

He seemed to care plenty when he played the entire second half of the '93 season with a torn bicep. I hated losing him, but never begrudged him taking a better offer, even if it was from SF.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He seemed to care plenty when he played the entire second half of the '93 season with a torn bicep. I hated losing him, but never begrudged him taking a better offer, even if it was from SF.

If I knew I was about to hit free agency I would be playing too.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Great thread. It really takes me back. It's great seeing the old gang again. We are all getting so much older. Cmon Cowboys. Win another SB before I'm too old to enjoy it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Man.... I spent my 20's growing up with ALL these guys...

Great memories.

Loved me some Novacek!
Dude was exciting to watch!