Cowboys talk to Texas-Christian OT Marshall Newhouse

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
NFL | Several teams have talked with Newhouse
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:19:22 -0800

Texas-Christian OT Marshall Newhouse said he has spoken with numerous teams so far, including the Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers.

Woods

Reaction score
He's definitely got the size the Cowboys like with their OGs.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The reports I saw said he plays guard and a little tackle sometimes. Big versatile mauler..

Woods

Reaction score
Some information on Newhouse, by the way.

========================================================

02/25/10 - 2010 NFL COMBINE, ALL-COMBINE SURPRISE TEAM: OG - Marshall Newhouse, TCU: Amongst a relatively unathletic group, Newhouse, a former LT, could stand out. - Rob Rang, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/20/10 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: OG Marshall Newhouse, TCU: He lined up all along the offensive line this week, turning his man out of the hole, setting quickly in pass protection and generally out-working his man whether playing inside or outside. The 6-3, 326-pound former Horned Frog projects to guard at the next level, but scouts value his versatility to slide over to either tackle spot if needed. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/18/10 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: One of the more impressive performances came from TCU offensive lineman Marshall Newhouse, who lined up at both tackle and guard positions on the day and was effective at each. Whether taking on a strong defender like Kansas State's Jeffrey Fitzgerald on the line or moving to the linebackers, Newhouse showed nice footwork and strength. He did not always hit a target when getting to space, however, which is something for him to work on. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/08/10 - TCU defensive end Jerry Hughes, offensive tackle Marshall Newhouse and linebacker Daryl Washington will participate in the 2010 National Football League Combine Feb. 24 to March 2 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. Hughes, Newhouse and Washington were All-Americans in 2009 as the Horned Frogs (12-1) won the Mountain West Conference championship and made their first BCS appearance. A three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection, Newhouse started all but one game over the last three seasons. Hughes and Washington will play in the Jan. 30 Senior Bowl, while Newhouse will appear in the Jan. 23 East-West Shrine Game. - TCU football

12/03/09 - 2009 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FIRST TEAM: OL Marshall Newhouse, Sr., TCU, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference First Team for the 2009 college football season as voted on by the Mountain West coaches and select media panel. - TCU/Mountain West football

Woods

Reaction score
From what I can make out, Newhouse could most likely go anywhere from the bottom of Round 3 to Round 5.

I think realistically speaking, if you could get him at the bottom of Round 4, it would be o.k., esp if you think he can play some OT as well. I doubt he lasts until our pick in Round 6.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Woods;3288087 said:
From what I can make out, Newhouse could most likely go anywhere from the bottom of Round 3 to Round 5.

I think realistically speaking, if you could get him at the bottom of Round 4, it would be o.k., esp if you think he can play some OT as well. I doubt he lasts until our pick in Round 6.

Agreed. This is a top heavy OT class. Once you get past the top ten prospects that could all be gone by the end of the third round, a player like Newhouse gets more intriguing. He is versatile and has some upside to him.

The good thing about him is that since he is a TCU player, he will probably be in for a nice long visit on Dallas Day.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SDogo;3288026 said:
NFL | Several teams have talked with Newhouse
Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:19:22 -0800

Texas-Christian OT Marshall Newhouse said he has spoken with numerous teams so far, including the Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers.

Excellent... :clap2: :thumbup: :eek:hboy: