News: Cowboys talking to another team about another player in regards to Taco Charlton

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Not the usual generic answer from Garrett, the master of the vague and ambiguous.

It got more generic after that first sentence. He talked about how we've got a lot of good dlinemen and they can't all make it to the game.

They leave out the back half of the statement to spin the desired narrative. Always gotta see the tape yourself, and see the full context. FakeNews gonna fake news.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we're OK to label Taco an epic bust and admit that drafting him over TJ Watt was a failure of epic proportions?

Good, I'm glad that we've finally got that all sorted out.
I used to think he was a bust because of his attitude issues, but looks like he's come around. I hope we hang on to him and let him play. Most players develop after being drafted, so maybe it's his time to shine, plus, he's young and inexpensive!

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I’d trade Taco Lewis and Maher for a new kicker... probably through in a 6th or 7th too... Maher WILL cost this team at least one game... and it’ll probably be in the dumbest way possible too, like missing a 28 yarder in the 1st quarter...
What you talking about Willis, didn’t you watch game the score will never be close enough for Maher to make a difference

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It got more generic after that first sentence. He talked about how we've got a lot of good dlinemen and they can't all make it to the game.

They leave out the back half of the statement to spin the desired narrative. Always gotta see the tape yourself, and see the full context. FakeNews gonna fake news.
Ahhhh, I see. Thanks for the rest of the story!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’d trade Taco Lewis and Maher for a new kicker... probably through in a 6th or 7th too... Maher WILL cost this team at least one game... and it’ll probably be in the dumbest way possible too, like missing a 28 yarder in the 1st quarter...

If you blame a loss on a missed FG in the first quarter you're overlooking 3 quarters of failed chances to make those 3 points irrelevant. It's called an excuse.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I used to think he was a bust because of his attitude issues, but looks like he's come around. I hope we hang on to him and let him play. Most players develop after being drafted, so maybe it's his time to shine, plus, he's young and inexpensive!

I actually agree with you. I don't think they'll be able to get anything near value for him, so I'd keep him. But people inside the building have seemingly soured on him, so he's got to go, certainly for next to nothing.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually agree with you. I don't think they'll be able to get anything near value for him, so I'd keep him. But people inside the building have seemingly soured on him, so he's got to go, certainly for next to nothing.
Are you referring to the FO or the forum?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
If Hill gets the same treatment in two years and Marinelli is still here JJ is still alive.

garyo1954

Reaction score
So we're OK to label Taco an epic bust and admit that drafting him over TJ Watt was a failure of epic proportions?

Think Broaddus was talking a 5th for him. Not some of the high quality whiskeys though. More like Evan Williams or Teachers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
has to be DT. Both starters have gotten run off field in Dallas last 2 games.
Yeah but at the same time......what on earth can you get for Taco that's going to be better than what you have? I really don't understand this whole Taco stuff. Unless its for a veteran who's almost out of the door.....I do not understand their insistence on trading him. For a 5th or something I get. But they are more than likely going to give him away. I guess they really feel he's that toxic.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I want Minkah Fitzpatrick from the Dolphins.. Don’t know if that’s possible.
Hes rated even lower than Heath on PFF. Obviously theres more upside with **, and also he would be better when surrounded by better talent.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Watt is the better player but he is hurt again and may develop the Sean Lee reputation.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
What were other teams inquiring about ? If he'd be willing to do the game day laundry ?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Yeah but at the same time......what on earth can you get for Taco that's going to be better than what you have? I really don't understand this whole Taco stuff. Unless its for a veteran who's almost out of the door.....I do not understand their insistence on trading him. For a 5th or something I get. But they are more than likely going to give him away. I guess they really feel he's that toxic.

The thinking is if we don't get something for him this year, 2020 is his last year under contract. So he walks and we get nothing.

The problem seems to be that Marinelli told Charlton he’s got to get his mind right. He needs to understand you can’t go half-speed, you can’t mope around when you’re injured or when someone else is playing better than you and taking your reps. You have to work at all times, you have to show that your willing to do what it takes to reach your maximum potential, whatever that is. And apparently he's not meeting those expectations.

His 2017 draft report indicates the same problems....."Despite talent and traits, production and overall play has been uneven at Michigan. Earned full-time starting nod in just his final season. Held back by his inconsistent play speed."