News: Cowboys talking to another team about another player in regards to Taco Charlton

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This pick....tristan hill......makes me wonder if Marinelli has any opposing voices or just makes decisions in an echo chamber.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Let's not get too optimistic about what Taco would bring in a trade. If a trade gets done at all, it may just end up being for a draft pick.

I'm not really optimistic but surely there are at least half of the 31starters with a back up that could do better.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not really optimistic but surely there are at least half of the 31starters with a back up that could do better.

Maybe, maybe not, but even if true, how much better is a question. After all, how much would it really matter if the improvement is only incremental?

Sydla

Reaction score
That's the best chance to get value back, IMO.

Yeah a 5th for Taco is ehhhh. I mean what kind of player you getting in the 5th?

I think I'd rather take a chance on another highly talented kid that might just need a change of scenery. Or a guy that simply doesn't fit with a new coaching staff. Maybe a guy like Karl Joseph or someone like that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah a 5th for Taco is ehhhh. I mean what kind of player you getting in the 5th?

I think I'd rather take a chance on another highly talented kid that might just need a change of scenery. Or a guy that simply doesn't fit with a new coaching staff. Maybe a guy like Karl Joseph or someone like that.

I see your point, but there is also the risk that the "talented kid" really doesn't have the potential and that's why he is expendable (like Taco). And there is the chance a 5th rounder could result in an Orlando Scadrick or Anthony Brown. Of course, could be a dud too.

Sydla

Reaction score
I see your point, but there is also the risk that the "talented kid" really doesn't have the potential and that's why he is expendable (like Taco). And there is the chance a 5th rounder could result in an Orlando Scadrick or Anthony Brown. Of course, could be a dud too.

But the odds are heavily stacked against you that your 5th round pick turns into Anthony Brown.

So if Oakland wants to trade my Karl Joseph for Taco? That's a trade I make all day long.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'd call Detriot and offer a Taco-for-Will Harris-trade. May have to use the New England method of trading close draft picks too, like we send a 5th and they send back a 6th.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm pretty sure they know more than you, they get to see him everyday on the sidelines and in practice, you get to watch from your coach.

Another failed, 'check your brain at the door' assumption. If they were as perfect as you want to think, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but that clearly also never occurred to you.

JustChip

Reaction score
Can rule out:
Wash-rival
Miami-tank
New Orleans-NFC competition

Arizona, Detriot, and Tampa make the most sense
I don’t know. Miami makes the most sense; they’re in flat out tank mode & Taco certainly can help in that regard.

BigD49

Reaction score
Another failed, 'check your brain at the door' assumption. If they were as perfect as you want to think, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but that clearly also never occurred to you.
Curious as to how "knowing more than you" becomes "they're perfect." Do you really think they don't know more than you regarding the Taco situation?

BigD49

Reaction score
They "didn't know more than me" when they drafted him.
Well shoot man did you tell Jerry that? Think there's a job waiting for you in the league...

Congrats on not liking a pick, being right, and being able to successfully point to that as a reason why you're a better talent evaluator of our current players than the FO. No cherry picking involved, I'm sure