Cowboys talking to former Seahawks DC Kris Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just a thought....could Richard help convince both Dallas and Seattle to swing a trade for Earl Thomas???

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its going to be tough finding a retread who doesn't mind working with inferior minds. Is Switzer still alive?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not sure if enough good things happen in my life for me to even bother getting excited over this.
Aw man... life getting you down? Things looking glum and there's no light at the end of the tunnel?
Come to El Paso and I'll start a seminar just for you and anyone else who would like to come and show y'all how Life is Lived!
Jail time may (will) be a potential consequence, but I'm planning to have a series of seminars teaching you to embrace incarceration and appreciate it's journey as I type!

This will be great!

Corso

Reaction score
Lol! My daughter took lessons for 12 years. Well worth it!!
My momma took me for a few years when I was 9-10 years old.
I quit because we was po', but I went and bought, 30 years later, a really nice weighted electric piano and have been reteaching myself for the past 6 months.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Great news! Now make him the DC.

OK let's tap the brakes here a bit for him as DC.........futher check shows he doesn't have a ton of coaching experience (see below). Defensive secondary coach is probably the position for now. In fact, Horton has ton more experience..........still very excited to have Richard on board ( his coaching career below )

Coaching career[edit]
Richard was hired in 2008 by Carroll as a graduate assistant coach for the USC secondary (defensive backs). He followed Carroll to the NFL and joined his former team, the Seahawks, as secondary coach.

Richard's secondary's hard-hitting style has led it to be nicknamed "the Legion of Boom." Bleacher Report described the Legion of Boom's accomplishments as a credit not only to Richard, but to Carroll, who was a safety himself in his playing days and began his coaching career as a secondary coach.[2]

After losing Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks promoted Richard to defensive coordinator to replace Dan Quinn, who had left to become the head coach for the Atlanta Falcons.

Corso

Reaction score
Corso: Board Cop

I like it. High potential sitcom name.
I can't even be in a room with a (well respected) officer of the law for more than 10 minutes before things go sideways for yours truly.
We were never meant to be party partners, the police and I, but sometimes we can stand each other for the meaner moments when I need an escape route of, generally, a cock fight.
I always run into cock fight raids...

Status
Not open for further replies.