Twitter: Cowboys TE Blake Jarwin was seen working out with an athletic trainer on a side field

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He’s playing more but jarwin so clearly the better more talented player but just not durable

I think Shultz is a better all-around tight end. The type that settles into the short zone to be a good outlet for the QB but can still get downfield. Jarwin is more of a receiving tight end, downfield threat.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Just proof of how far ACL surgeries have come. When I first started watching football those injuries were career threatening.

Not saying Jarwin's ready to play; just saying it's amazing how quickly these guys recover now. Sports medicine has come a long way.
Derek Anderson played basketball at the University of Kentucky (and in the NBA). His senior year he tore his ACL in either the first or second week of January in a game against Auburn. The year was 1997. He was cleared to play in the NCAA Tournament in March. He was dunking in shoot arounds, etc. Rick Pitino’s decided to hold him out for fear of reinjury before the NBA draft, but he was medically cleared to play. Of course this was an extreme outlier of cases regarding ACL tears and Anderson was obviously a very quick healer. But considering the year was 1997, it just shows how fast great athletes CAN come back from ACL injuries.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Derek Anderson played basketball at the University of Kentucky (and in the NBA). His senior year he tore his ACL in either the first or second week of January in a game against Auburn. The year was 1997. He was cleared to play in the NCAA Tournament in March. He was dunking in shoot arounds, etc. Rick Pitino’s decided to hold him out for fear of reinjury before the NBA draft, but he was medically cleared to play. Of course this was an extreme outlier of cases regarding ACL tears and Anderson was obviously a very quick healer. But considering the year was 1997, it just shows how fast great athletes CAN come back from ACL injuries.
If he had a true tear and was medically cleared after 3 months, then the Dr. who cleared him should have lost his right to practice medicine. There's quick hearing, but three months is not possible unless it was not really torn.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
If Dak and the Oline are healthy next year, there is absolutely no reason for the offense not to be historic.
If we can just figure out the defense...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
If he had a true tear and was medically cleared after 3 months, then the Dr. who cleared him should have lost his right to practice medicine. There's quick hearing, but three months is not possible unless it was not really torn.
Look it up. It was talked about nonstop back then. They said Anderson healed faster than anyone they’d ever seen. It’s a well known fact.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Damn I never knew that about Derek Anderson......

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Dak and the Oline are healthy next year, there is absolutely no reason for the offense not to be historic.
If we can just figure out the defense...

And that's what we need to do.

I believe if everyone returns healthy, we've got we need to succeed on offense. Tyron is obviously questionable at this point in his career, but otherwise health really shouldn't be an issue other than flukes like Dak's and Jarwin's injuries.

I know some want to draft a tackle to replace Smith, but if we want to compete for titles, we really have to give the defense something to work with.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Just proof of how far ACL surgeries have come. When I first started watching football those injuries were career threatening.

Not saying Jarwin's ready to play; just saying it's amazing how quickly these guys recover now. Sports medicine has come a long way.

Practice makes perfect.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score

Yup. It went from like a 12 month thing to a 6 month thing!

Motorola

Reaction score
He’s playing more but jarwin so clearly the better more talented player but just not durable
Perhaps then TE won't be a priority during the first 4 rounds of the draft (except if the Cowboys have/acquire more earlier picks and a player at that position is BPA).

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I am not too sure about that.

There are supplements on the market that can promote growth and interesting results if you know what you want to do.

Most pro athletes have dieticians and trainers who will develop diets to promote results.

Give just a small example. A few years back I retired and wanted to grow my hair long and just tie it with a ponytail.

So one day I see in the grocery store on the vitamin aisle a supplement saying it's for hair and nail growth.

I buy it and start taking it. In a year my hair grew 12 inches an my nails got thicker an stronger an stopped breaking off when they grew out.

My hair is now 2' long and it's all the same length and I am more than satisfied. So players that change their diets and eat correctly and rehab..

being back early and stronger is certainly possible.

Everybody is different an he process is not cheap but..

Possible.

:huh: