News: Cowboys the only team to not make a move on Day 1 of Negotiations

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were the only team not to agree to a deal with one of their own free agents or one from another team during the first day of the NFL’s negotiating period.

it’s not about overspending it’s about getting better. This organization lost its way years ago and it’s not getting any better. The fan base pays the bills and the fan base may have finally had enough of the JJ clown show. Outside of a select few I don’t know any happy fans anymore but I’m an old guy.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were the only team not to agree to a deal with one of their own free agents or one from another team during the first day of the NFL’s negotiating period.

it’s not about overspending it’s about getting better. This organization lost its way years ago and it’s not getting any better. The fan base pays the bills and the fan base may have finally had enough of the JJ clown show. Outside of a select few I don’t know any happy fans anymore but I’m an old guy.

I bet he won't go and tell Jerry that!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is a graphic that was from day 1 free agency 3 years ago, and it’s been relevant every year since

FB_IMG_1710250989309.jpg.96fc4718509b506966fdcc164595ae9c.jpg

No one should be disappointed by this, it is intentional. Jerry lowballs a select few free agents at the start every year, doesn’t get any of them, then picks up a handful of guys in week 3 of FA. He does it because it’s worked out pretty good and he has no reason to change

Double check who wants to be a Cowboy more than money, then get the best values possible, and focus on hitting on everyone in the draft.

slick325

Reaction score

No surprise here. They think they are smarter than every other franchise. They've had so much success over the last 29 years doing things their way, why change anything?

Cowboys!

Sydla

Reaction score
On other thing that often does not get discussed is I wonder how our cheap and silly ways in FA play in the coaching market. In other words, do we limit our pool of potential HC (or even assistants) because they see that the Cowboys basically sit out FA every year?

If you are a HC would you want to play for a franchise that despite some clear holes, will eschew improving that spot in FA?

Sydla

Reaction score
This is a graphic that was from day 1 free agency 3 years ago, and it’s been relevant every year since

FB_IMG_1710250989309.jpg.96fc4718509b506966fdcc164595ae9c.jpg

No one should be disappointed by this, it is intentional. Jerry lowballs a select few free agents at the start every year, doesn’t get any of them, then picks up a handful of guys in week 3 of FA. He does it because it’s worked out pretty good and he has no reason to change
Worked out pretty good?

LOL. In what way? That they've won some regular season games and handful of divisional titles?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
if this affects ticket sales and fans stop purchasing merch, this may be needed. The Jones boys need a wakeup call.
To be fair the whole franchise needs a shake up. It wouldn't be the worst thing to have a nightmare, hits Jerry's pocket, sign a GM who can build, based on professional (not commercial) considerations.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I expected this ........I also expect the wheels to fall off this year.

Thank the Lord for Wemby

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
if this affects ticket sales and fans stop purchasing merch, this may be needed. The Jones boys need a wakeup call.
I firmly believe that everyone could stop being Cowboys fans and the stadium would still be filled every home game.

Be it visiting fans or just more of the locals that use it as a recreational activity.