News: Cowboys the only team to not make a move on Day 1 of Negotiations

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They have not even cleared anymore cap room. So ho are they supposed to be active in FA.

I am fine they do not over spend on FA players. But this is ridiculous.
The only way it makes sense is as statement to Dak, 'if you don't sign an extension (that gives us something /maybe length), then don't expect us to give you a star studded roster to showcase (or mask) your abilities in what would be your contract year".

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a graphic that was from day 1 free agency 3 years ago, and it’s been relevant every year since

FB_IMG_1710250989309.jpg.96fc4718509b506966fdcc164595ae9c.jpg

No one should be disappointed by this, it is intentional. Jerry lowballs a select few free agents at the start every year, doesn’t get any of them, then picks up a handful of guys in week 3 of FA. He does it because it’s worked out pretty good and he has no reason to change

Double check who wants to be a Cowboy more than money, then get the best values possible, and focus on hitting on everyone in the draft.
I agree, he has been fairly successful fielding a respectable team for the most part. But he will never win anything significant this way. While the Cowboys stand still, every other team in the division is signing good players to improve their teams. And they will improve their teams. Sure, Jerry will announce a few player acquisition in 2 weeks and every player he signs will be equal to or inferior to the players he loses.

This has been his MO. He thinks his drafting will put Dallas over the top. He is dreaming if he thinks that will work. Look at last year's draft.

For fans, this is extremely frustrating.

Cmac

Reaction score
Has anyone forgot.....We have a Championship Culture and we're All in. We needed to settle down after the GB debacle and the Day 1 of "Legal Tampering".

Fellow posters.......sound familiar?

So today, for $2250 we have a mint condition, less than 50K mileage, leather seats, convertible, fresh tires, no accidents, vintage deal on the lot right now. Come on down to Wormwood right now before it's gone.

salesman_1.jpg

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I firmly believe that everyone could stop being Cowboys fans and the stadium would still be filled every home game.

Be it visiting fans or just more of the locals that use it as a recreational activity.
Agree 100% which sucks for all of us who have been here through all the good and bad times.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
No surprise here. They think they are smarter than every other franchise. They've had so much success over the last 29 years doing things their way, why change anything?

Cowboys!
I'm not surprised either I just didn't realize the boys were the only ones. You know what is true. Pride comes before a fall.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I firmly believe that everyone could stop being Cowboys fans and the stadium would still be filled every home game.

Be it visiting fans or just more of the locals that use it as a recreational activity.
I have been saying this for years ever since the new stadium was built.

For every Cowboys fan that stops going, a fan from another team will gladly take that spot.

A lot of Cowboys fans do not understand that there are fans of other teams who can spend less money going to an away game at the Cowboys stadium than they can to their hometown team and others will go simply for the vacation.

About the only real "message" that might get sent would be ego-based, not money-based, and that would be if week after week Jerry and the world sees the Cowboys on national TV with a stadium filled with fans of their opponents and the sports announcers keep bringing it up.

To be honest though, as long as the money keeps pouring in and the valuation of the Cowboys keeps increasing year over year, I am not sure even Jerry would be swayed by that happening.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

For every Cowboys fan that stops going, a fan from another team will gladly take that spot.

A lot of Cowboys fans do not understand that there are fans of other teams who can spend less money going to an away game at the Cowboys stadium than they can to their hometown team and others will go simply for the vacation.

About the only real "message" that might get sent would be ego-based, not money-based, and that would be if week after week Jerry and the world sees the Cowboys on national TV with a stadium filled with fans of their opponents and the sports announcers keep bringing it up.

To be honest though, as long as the money keeps pouring in and the valuation of the Cowboys keeps increasing year over year, I am not sure even Jerry would be swayed by that happening.
:hammer:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wouldn't it shock absolutely everyone if the Cowboys ended up getting Derrick Henry and Patrick Queen after all this?

I mean I know it's not happening, just saying imagine how we would feel.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
To be fair the whole franchise needs a shake up. It wouldn't be the worst thing to have a nightmare, hits Jerry's pocket, sign a GM who can build, based on professional (not commercial) considerations.
the next GM's last name will be Jones..do you want me to tell you what the next 3 GM's last names will be?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

100% you want to hurt Jerry..hurt his ego..50k "Get out of town Jerry" signs every Sunday in ATT would be a good start..National TV would light up and Jones would hate it.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
We are killing it in the comp pick department. The Jones’ playing 3D chess while everyone else plays goldfish