Cowboys Ticket/Beer/Parking Prices

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Could anybody give me information for the above figures? I'm having a debate on Extremeskins right now and Art is royally pissing me off.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Ticket prices are $34,35,50,55. At least that is what they are supposed to be.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Beer is $6 for plastic bottles... parking varies from general to red to blue parking...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wait until that new stadium is built.

Prices will probably be on par with FedEx.

Beers = 7 Bucks
Parking Pass = 35 Bucks (25 this past year)
Upper Level Seat = 87 Bucks plus tax (69 this past year)
Lower Lever Seat = 109 plus tax (79 this past year)

Ouch.

TheHustler

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

Beers = 7 Bucks

Ouch.

$87 for an upper level seat???? That's ludicrous!

notherbob

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
$87 for an upper level seat???? That's ludicrous!

True; however, it will sell out and it will also sell out when it becomes twice that. I have faith in the American people. Tex Schramm hit the nail on the head when he said "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." That's precisely why I quit attending games when they left Fair Park ($6 general admission, free parking) to Texas Stadium ($24 G.A. +6$ for parking about a mile away).

I prefer to watch the games at home where I have a better view of the action than from any seat in TS. Yeah, I know, I miss all the advantages of attendance; long traffic jams coming to and going from the heat of the stadium, warm beer in a flimsy plastic cup, wet and smelly toilets, overpriced snacks of questionable origin or sanitation, the witty banter and conversation with the few drunk and unruly fans, the overpriced memorbilia, etc. Even so, it's a participatory thing and the roar of the crowd is very stimulating and I do kinda miss it - but not much.

Football fans, like other addicts, will pay whatever is required to try to satisy their perceived needs. I simply decided to control my addiction rather than let it control me. I still love the game, I just didn't want Tex to laugh at me. I do not judge others for their indulgence in their hobbies as I have my own other hobbies that I indulge in, I just decided to use my limited resources differently.

Along about the same time, I quit going berserk when the game didn't go just right enough to suit me and I quit seeing the opponents as enemies to hate, but athletes to respect as long as they acted respectably. I no longer scream and curse at the TV and I actually enjoy the games more, win or lose.

I may be a lousy fan but I really do love the game. :eek::

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

Beers = 7 Bucks

Ouch.

U guys in washington get ripped off more than any other sports fans. The little midget just rips you blind.

The seats at texas stadium went up last year. My season tickets went up from 37 per ticket to 49 last year and I am expecting an increase this year.

Also parking has gone up 5 dollars in 3 seasons. General parking in the back lots used to be 10, then 12 then this past season it was 15, it will be 20 if the stinking irving tax law goes through. 20 bucks used to buy a red pass.

When the new stadium opens the team will rape us also, for parking and tickets. They have a ticket tax built into the stadium deal to help pay for it, so a typical seat like my upper that I paid 37 two years ago and 49 last year will probably be about 75 bucks. multiply that by 20 and throw in the parking and that will get pretty expensive fast. SO much for my inexpensive season tickets...

I cant wait to see what the price of my season tickets are this year....

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Ticket prices are $34,35,50,55. At least that is what they are supposed to be.
Not even in Preseason. They ranged from $65 to $94 last year when I checked them out.

I paid $70+ for second level, second row goalline last year.

Parking is the mid-distance parking lot was $20 buck.

Don't know about the beer though. I didn't drink beer because I took my grandson to the game.

superpunk

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Art is royally pissing me off.

This is surprising? I have never seen such an "e-thug." He seems to be the kind of guy who just screams out "Punch me in my face", were you to meet in person.

I don't know how you guys stand it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Not even in Preseason. They ranged from $65 to $94 last year when I checked them out.

I paid $70+ for second level, second row goalline last year.

Parking is the mid-distance parking lot was $20 buck.

Don't know about the beer though. I didn't drink beer because I took my grandson to the game.

Thats about right. But I park free, because my Buddy knows a nice place to do it, although its bit of walk.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cost of living in Northeast and most teams actually have waiting list.

Pats pre Bledsoe/Parcells were playing before 35,000 half filled stadiums. Four years later there was a 50,000 person waiting list. Tickets here are $75 upper level, Range from $100 lower level and they sell the stadium seats on a 10 year basis at a staggering price.

Have's and have nots. I read that Raiders actually are reducing ticket prices. The small market, less ambitous teams struggle to sell out. Its all supply and demand.

NotReally

Reaction score
Tex Schramm hit the nail on the head when he said "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

.... I think that was actually H.L. Mencken.

1fisher

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Could anybody give me information for the above figures? I'm having a debate on Extremeskins right now and Art is royally pissing me off.

better shut up or that piece of chicken crap will ban you!

PM me and give me your log in and I'll fire back at him!:lmao2:

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
notherbob said:
True; however, it will sell out and it will also sell out when it becomes twice that. I have faith in the American people. Tex Schramm hit the nail on the head when he said "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." That's precisely why I quit attending games when they left Fair Park ($6 general admission, free parking) to Texas Stadium ($24 G.A. +6$ for parking about a mile away).

I prefer to watch the games at home where I have a better view of the action than from any seat in TS. Yeah, I know, I miss all the advantages of attendance; long traffic jams coming to and going from the heat of the stadium, warm beer in a flimsy plastic cup, wet and smelly toilets, overpriced snacks of questionable origin or sanitation, the witty banter and conversation with the few drunk and unruly fans, the overpriced memorbilia, etc. Even so, it's a participatory thing and the roar of the crowd is very stimulating and I do kinda miss it - but not much.

Football fans, like other addicts, will pay whatever is required to try to satisy their perceived needs. I simply decided to control my addiction rather than let it control me. I still love the game, I just didn't want Tex to laugh at me. I do not judge others for their indulgence in their hobbies as I have my own other hobbies that I indulge in, I just decided to use my limited resources differently.

Along about the same time, I quit going berserk when the game didn't go just right enough to suit me and I quit seeing the opponents as enemies to hate, but athletes to respect as long as they acted respectably. I no longer scream and curse at the TV and I actually enjoy the games more, win or lose.

Probably the most well thought out, and written post I have ever read on any message board............and I couldn't agree more with you. I feel the same way about all of the above.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
notherbob said:

The prices really are outrageous...and I don't believe that makes you a lousy fan...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Could be worse. Jets fans that are on the waiting list for season tickets have to pay $100 to remain on the waiting list.

Essentially, let's say they have 10,000 people on the waiting list. That means the Jets get $1 million a year for just recording and reserving a bunch of names on a MS Access file.

Rich.............

notherbob

Reaction score
NotReally said:
.... I think that was actually H.L. Mencken.

Maybe Tex was quoting him. That was Tex's response to a question about whether the higher prices would scare people off and they might stay away from Texas Stadium. Regardless of its source, it sure seems to explain a lot of outrageous prices for things.

I remember in a salesmanship class I attended a long time ago they told about a company who hired a new sales manager to turn things around for the company and they told him he would have to cut prices in order to compete. Instead, he doubled prices and was overwhelmed with business. Go figure...