Cowboys to meet with Justice

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
not big news because its been pretty widely reported that the Cowboys liked him, but:

Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:57:50 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports USC OT Winston Justice said he will have a pre-draft visit with the Dallas Cowboys.

JPM

Reaction score
I like him, but after his pro day I don't think he drops to us.

Pokes28

Reaction score
I do for one reason. He's considered a RT by most people and not a LT. Those generally aren't rated as high first rounders.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
I do for one reason. He's considered a RT by most people and not a LT. Those generally aren't rated as high first rounders.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

I think most people think he can swing over and play LT because his feet and athletic ability are so good...one of the reasons he played RT at USC is because Leinart was left handed

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JPM said:
I like him, but after his pro day I don't think he drops to us.

I agree...I dont think there is much hope he lasts past the 10-15 range...he's clearly the 2nd best T in this draft and has probowl potential for years to come

David

Pokes28

Reaction score
Justice did have a great workout, but it is a bit ballsy to take a guy that played nothing but RT and project him to LT in the NFL. There is a learning curve. Look at all the problems Rogers had moving from LT to RT and footwork was considered one of his strengths as well. Now I'm not comparing the talent level of the two, just stating that moving from one side to the other isn't as cut and dried as many like to think. Every move the player makes has to be done opposite what they've done for years. That isn't simple.

I think Justice falls to us unless another team wants to take him as a RT.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh