Risen Star
Likes Collector
- Messages
- 100,156
- Reaction score
- 256,332
LOL, no. Steele is better than Broderick Jones substantially. Jones got the kicked blocked yesterday and has been poor on the line in limited action. He looks weak.Next year's draft, RT and CB.
We gotta cut Bland and Steele
For what it's worth, Broaddus says Bland has no interest playing slot.And Bland needs to play the slot, where he shines. That will happen with Porter and Durant handling the outside with Revel as the outside backup.
He said that but he also said it’s just a hunch, he has no insider telling him that.For what it's worth, Broaddus says Bland has no interest playing slot.
Maybe he doesn't trust the foot??
Time will tell.
Run game has got to get better.Bass is an awesome backup guard to have no doubt, but yesterday was his worst game. It will be nice to get Tyler back for sure.
For what it’s worth, Broaddus seems to think that Bland does not want to play the slot, and believes that the reason for that is Bland’s prior foot injury.LOL, no. Steele is better than Broderick Jones substantially. Jones got the kicked blocked yesterday and has been poor on the line in limited action. He looks weak.
No team in the NFL is perfect along their entire offensive line. Most teams are an absolute mess at multiple positions.
And Bland needs to play the slot, where he shines. That will happen with Porter and Durant handling the outside with Revel as the outside backup.
If this team can get healthier with Smith, Thompson, Durant, Revel, Overshown, and Locke returning soon, things will look better. I still have CP on close watch though.
Problem is, injuries are killing teams across the NFL. Players get hurt so easily these days. Hamstrings everywhere. Those were pretty rare 20 years ago.
How many teams have issues at one of their tackle positions?Steele and Bass have mostly underperformed.
Bass at least has the excuse of being just a depth piece.
At this point, we have to assume Steele peaked years ago and will only continue to decline.
Big Tyler will add some much needed strength and push to the oline.
Well, he'll be playing the bench then.For what it’s worth, Broaddus seems to think that Bland does not want to play the slot, and believes that the reason for that is Bland’s prior foot injury.
I think with Smith back it will fix the interior completely.I don't think Tyler Smith coming back fixes the issues on this OL. I am a little disappointed in Booker's play. Not that he has been bad but I expected a lot more improvement from last year than I have seen so far.
I think the FO should be credited with a very good effort in building the roster this past offseason (and in season), but I’m 100% confident the Broderick Jones trade will prove to be a major whiff. He’s awful.LOL, no. Steele is better than Broderick Jones substantially. Jones got the kicked blocked yesterday and has been poor on the line in limited action. He looks weak.
No team in the NFL is perfect along their entire offensive line. Most teams are an absolute mess at multiple positions.
And Bland needs to play the slot, where he shines. That will happen with Porter and Durant handling the outside with Revel as the outside backup.
If this team can get healthier with Smith, Thompson, Durant, Revel, Overshown, and Locke returning soon, things will look better. I still have CP on close watch though.
Problem is, injuries are killing teams across the NFL. Players get hurt so easily these days. Hamstrings everywhere. Those were pretty rare 20 years ago.
He's recovering from neck surgery. Might be ok long term, but he clearly doesn't have his strength back yet.I think the FO should be credited with a very good effort in building the roster this past offseason (and in season), but I’m 100% confident the Broderick Jones trade will prove to be a major whiff. He’s awful.
Future RT already on the roster.Next year's draft, RT
