Cowboys to Sign Chiefs LB to Replace Leighton Vander Esch?

CWR

Reaction score
I beg them to spend money on sure thing DTs and use the draft for LB…instead of the opposite.

Big money FA LB won’t work well behind garbage DTs.
It makes me sick our idiot coaches had Mazi lose 30lbs. They should've been hammering the weight room and packing on muscle. Then maybe at least wed have a space eater. As it is now we have a bust. Here we are again talking about the need at DT.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With LVE still under contract I bet they only sign a FA MLB if they are unable to draft one.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This, just ask the Ravens HOF Ray Lewis, who played behind a jaggarnut DT.
5825f28e7859259db5cce3c21154200f.jpg

Gambit

Reaction score
Luvu is a guy who would make a lot of sense and isn’t like a 14,15,18 million guy. Probably in the 10-11 range (which lets be real probably still too expensive for these guys lol). He’s very good against the run, pressuring the quarterback and getting tackles for loss.
His coverage is average but I think with our secondary we can mitigate that.

Beyond him I’d be fine with jewell who’s in the 6-8m range, al shaair, Wagner. Likely we end up with a Jordan hicks or Kendrick’s if he’s released.
Per Pro Football Focus, Luvu is projected to command a contract in the three-year, $30 million range with $17 million guaranteed

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Per Pro Football Focus, Luvu is projected to command a contract in the three-year, $30 million range with $17 million guaranteed
Yeah, not a ridiculous deal or anything but likely more than Dallas will want to pay. To me him making 10m per is fine but I’m not writing the checks

Gambit

Reaction score
They’re not going to do anything in FA. Them going “all in” is resigning Dak, CD and Micah.
That false. History has shown us when we bring in a new DC they bring FA for them.

On top of that we have 16 FA this year we won't sign them all. And draft won't replace that. They will have to bring some in.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah, not a ridiculous deal or anything but likely more than Dallas will want to pay. To me him making 10m per is fine but I’m not writing the checks
He's been one I've wanted too. Word is he may have play d himself into a home there though.

We need a green dot dude, Clark ain't it, at least not yet. Kendricks might be a cap casualty in San Diego and makes a ton of sense, this year at least.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sports Illustrated isn’t even a real thing anymore.

They just laid off almost all of their employee. It’s likely that most of their content is just AI generated with a byline attached.

And even if this was The Athletic, which also laid off a bunch of talent, it’s still just a clickbait title based on nothing.

Sports Journalism is such garbage these days.

Gambit

Reaction score
A prototypical LB. Nice. But don’t forget the DT position.
Currently only have 2 DT under contract I think Hanks comes back.

LB and DT are 2 positions I expect will be addressed as a priority in FA and draft

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Luvu is a guy who would make a lot of sense and isn’t like a 14,15,18 million guy. Probably in the 10-11 range (which lets be real probably still too expensive for these guys lol). He’s very good against the run, pressuring the quarterback and getting tackles for loss.
His coverage is average but I think with our secondary we can mitigate that.

Beyond him I’d be fine with jewell who’s in the 6-8m range, al shaair, Wagner. Likely we end up with a Jordan hicks or Kendrick’s if he’s released.

I'd love to have Luvu. He'd be a solid pick-up for us.