Cowboys to visit with WR Randall Cobb

HungryLion

Reaction score
I always saw him as a number 3 receiver who was thrust into the starting lineup because Ted Thompson was stingy. Go look at his stats, they’re unbelievably pedestrian. Basically what you’d expect Terrence Williams to do if he had the most gifted qb in nfl history throwing him the football.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm

He essentially had 1 solid year, his contract year. How convenient.

Otherwise he’s basically a run of the mill slot receiver making 10m$ a year for some odd reason.

Fair points, but we wouldn’t be signing him to be a stud and wouldn’t be paying him 10 million a year. The cowboys would just need him to be a solid slot receiver, which he is.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Let's get him. Gallup could use another veteran to learn from. Plus, Cobb is still in his late 20s.

Let's make a move!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Fair points, but we wouldn’t be signing him to be a stud and wouldn’t be paying him 10 million a year. The cowboys would just need him to be a solid slot receiver, which he is.

I didn’t say he was bad in any sense, but he’s a JAG, you could probably do better with what’s still available (jordy)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don’t get the point
We have our starters
We have a guy who showed promise in camp last year
We have picks we can easily get a slot guy in 3rd-4th rnd
Rather use the money to add Dline help

Agree. I think DL and S are the biggest areas of need. If Hurns is not going to come all the way back, Cobb would be a nice replacement. That said - Zero chance anything gets done with Mr. T-Rex arms.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I always saw him as a number 3 receiver who was thrust into the starting lineup because Ted Thompson was stingy. Go look at his stats, they’re unbelievably pedestrian. Basically what you’d expect Terrence Williams to do if he had the most gifted qb in nfl history throwing him the football.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00.htm

He essentially had 1 solid year, his contract year. How convenient.

Otherwise he’s basically a run of the mill slot receiver making 10m$ a year for some odd reason.

Sorry, still disagree.

chagus

Reaction score
You know whats great about this, REALLY? We get to talk about free agent acquisition.... FINALLY!!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
Incentive based deal. He knows how to find the space and sit down in the soft zones. Could be a new favorite for Dak...