Twitter: Cowboys to work out CFL kicker Lirim Hajrullahu

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Will Zack Martin have to give up his 70 jersey number?
lirim-hajrullahu.jpg
Looks line they both wear the same size jersey so it should be a rather seamless transfer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What took so long???!!!

Zuerlin has been in the tub all offseason, and they just now bring someone in?
hes been practicing and kicked Pregame last week,.,not in the tub they are bringing him back slowly..no need for vet kicker to kick in PS games..this guy is backup plan insurance finish the PS etc..no talk of Z being out game 1 or they would have brought i kicker much sooner..

niswander has shown he can be backup kicker some and can kick off..GZ should be fine..

why do fans read stuff into signings here where they do it around the league all the time..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Looking at his CFL stats not bad hitting 83% with a long of 56 yards and is also a punter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hes been practicing and kicked Pregame last week,.,not in the tub they are bringing him back slowly..no need for vet kicker to kick in PS games..this guy is backup plan insurance finish the PS etc..no talk of Z being out game 1 or they would have brought i kicker much sooner..

niswander has shown he can be backup kicker some and can kick off..GZ should be fine..

why do fans read stuff into signings here where they do it around the league all the time..

Because anytime you bring in a guy he has a chance to compete and prove himself. Bringing him in does not mean he will be signed or make this team on the other hand he has a chance to prove himself and if he does then he has a chance to make the team. Also if he doesn't at least you have somewhat of an insurance policy should our kicker struggle returning from injury. I remember when Dan Bailey was the top kicker in the NFL, he had an injury and never seemed to get back to where he was.

Scotman

Reaction score
Will Zack Martin have to give up his 70 jersey number?
lirim-hajrullahu.jpg

The last thing we need is for Hajrullahu to forcibly take it away from Martin and we lose the O-Lineman for another year in the fracas. Best just to give it up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because anytime you bring in a guy he has a chance to compete and prove himself. Bringing him in does not mean he will be signed or make this team on the other hand he has a chance to prove himself and if he does then he has a chance to make the team. Also if he doesn't at least you have somewhat of an insurance policy should our kicker struggle returning from injury. I remember when Dan Bailey was the top kicker in the NFL, he had an injury and never seemed to get back to where he was.

but once again a quick 5 pages on story about camp kicker being brought in for tryout now its doomsday for greg LOL

LC has no hip , daks arm fell off and he has bionic prosthesis for ankle now , last week was Gregory's foot, odd RG was at full Blue white practice and game foot seemed fine but fans were assuming it needed to be amputated and the of was lying..

this place is insufferable its always the worst assumptions..lmao

Doomsday101

Reaction score
but once again a quick 5 pages on story about camp kicker being brought in for tryout now its doomsday for greg LOL

LC has no hip , daks arm fell off and he has bionic prosthesis for ankle now , last week was Gregory's foot, odd RG was at full Blue white practice and game foot seemed fine but fans were assuming it needed to be amputated and the of was lying..

this place is insufferable its always the worst assumptions..lmao

I expect Zerline to return and resume kicking duties. I will say for kickers being the slightest bit off is the difference of making the kicks or missing and it seems to happen quickly for these guys being a top kicker to falling off the chart. I have seen it too often over the years where a kicker goes from best in the league to avg or below. I don't know if that will be the case with Zerline and I think he clearly deserves to come back and resume the job, I just like having a guy brought in to give him a look in case things do not pan out well for Zerline who is coming off back issues.