Cowboys Tweets 1/15

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Jerry Jones on his support for Jason Garrett: "If Jason Garrett had been out in the market two weeks ago, he would have had five head-coaching offers. I know that."

Yes, high school coaching offers.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry Jones on his support for Jason Garrett: "If Jason Garrett had been out in the market two weeks ago, he would have had five head-coaching offers. I know that."

Yes, high school coaching offers.
and if water wasn't wet...OH NEVER MIND. WASH RINSE REPEAT.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
INB4 they offer Zeke Murrays rumored contract extension.

Yup. 6.5m is a good deal for the Cowboys and let's just roll with that.
Unless he holds out, then just him play off the 5th year option.
Then FT if necessary in 2020.

What was Murray's rumored extension?

Yeah, Jones is the lowest-need extension on that list. Despite the last several weeks, he costs NOTHING as a good CB starter. You have him a minimum of two more years (FT if necessary).

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
CJ Anderson gashed us
Mike Davis, Penny and Chris Carson had big games
Connor Williams had big games
Chubb, Damien Williams, Joe Mixon, Michel

RB is not a position to spend big money on. Keep drafting the next guy.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
there is no way that I am giving Byron jones big money and I think they let tank walk also no way am I going to resign zeke after two more years he will be used up at the rate they are using him in games

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're crazy to extend him now, unless their scouting (and the coaches) think that he wasn't so much to blame and could be had at a value contract.

Show me again next year and we'll talk in the offseason.

6FZ39Jr.jpg

"If you could get your hands on a football once a year? That would be great."

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I would kill for the Rams offense,its simple but effective and it will be easy for Dak.

A TON of crossing routes, combined with natural picks & very few formation changes. I swear they seemed like they stayed in "11" personnel almost entirely. And, it works to perfection because of the simple pre-snap movements to overly influence the D personnel. McVay simply knows what he's doing - and, the scary thing is the Cowboys game may have made things WORSE for the league...………...he re-discovered how dominant the O can be by becoming run dominant.

John813

Reaction score
What was Murray's rumored extension?

Yeah, Jones is the lowest-need extension on that list. Despite the last several weeks, he costs NOTHING as a good CB starter. You have him a minimum of two more years (FT if necessary).

4 year 16 mil

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They're going to take a good long look at Zeke, his pitch count, wear and tear and remember the Demarco Murray days, and decide whether to invest in the highest paid RB in the league or keep investing in the line.
We need to invest in the line, but if we're going to continue a run-dominated offense, we need a one-two punch like Kamara and Ingram.
Find a back who is good enough to share the carries. I mean, don't members of this forum say we can find a quality back in lower rounds.
Or, maybe, we can coax DeMarco Murray out of retirement.

jrumann59

Reaction score
They're going to take a good long look at Zeke, his pitch count, wear and tear and remember the Demarco Murray days, and decide whether to invest in the highest paid RB in the league or keep investing in the line.
Demarco is not a fair comparison, he had a lot of little nagging injuries especially to his lower legs, IIRC a couple of knee sprains and hamstring issues.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Demarco is not a fair comparison, he had a lot of little nagging injuries especially to his lower legs, IIRC a couple of knee sprains and hamstring issues.
I agree, but Elliott was I think 2 years younger when he was drafted than DeMarco.

It's just a comparison, I don't mean for it to be a hard truth and Elliott has already done some great things in his early career, but I expect him to run a lot again next year, and at some point I think it's silly to expect him to stand for a 16 game season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Byron Jones was lit up the last 4 weeks.. But hes on Jerrys list lol....take another drink Jerry.
Yeah. That was weird. I'm not sure what to think about him and his downfall the last month or so................