Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 10/02

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Well that's interesting. I don't know much about route running except I know bad route running can lead to incompletions/ints. I wonder if this is an honest take or is he just sticking up for his qb?

I think Troy said the same thing during the broadcast

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well that's interesting. I don't know much about route running except I know bad route running can lead to incompletions/ints. I wonder if this is an honest take or is he just sticking up for his qb?
Yeah, Cooper needed to flatten that cut across the field and actually after a sharp cut (which he uncharacteristically rounded off) he should have come back some towards the QB as he was crossing. If he did that, the DB couldn’t have undercut the route.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It IS 3 years in now. On a 4- year rookie contract.

I’m sure he’s right on schedule. To be someone else’s starting left guard.
Right.

We all get it.

But do you see what I mean about how he rewards crappy play with justifying his own pick

He can't trash the pick without making himself look bad, and making Williams think his boss thinks he is playing well.

It's just a mess of a situation every time he insists on opening his mouth.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I like to hear "come back to the ball" from a WR. Seems a lost discipline in the NFL.

Most WRs just wait for the ball to waft into their hands, not seeming to realize that after the ball leaves the QB's hand, he can't guide it to the WR anymore, and it's all on the WR to beat the DBs to the ball.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It IS 3 years in now. On a 4- year rookie contract.
I’m sure he’s right on schedule. To be someone else’s starting left guard.
Guys with more years left on their contracts should get the push over Williams for development.
Maybe McGovern is too far behind from missing last season, Knight needed elsewhere, and Biadasz headed for starting C soon.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Connor Williams in his third season as a G - "he's getting better!"

Sad thing is, I don't think it's even true. Looks worse than last year. The knee injury probably limited his ability to train.

Conner Williams gets overpowered easily. He can't anchor and stand his ground against big and strong DTs.

I don't think any type of training will help him at this point.

Jerry should stop making these decisions. Let the coaches handle it. If Conner needs to be benched then so be it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

The ball was clearly thrown behind the receiver. It's hard to anticipate that. I think this is simply Cooper second-guessing what he could have done differently to prevent it, but if the ball was delivered on target, it's a catch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think Troy said the same thing during the broadcast

I don't remember him saying it on that route. He said something similar on Dalton Schultz's near the goal line. I'll have to go back and listen, though. Didn't have the sound up very loud when I watched that portion of the game.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I don't remember him saying it on that route. He said something similar on Dalton Schultz's near the goal line. I'll have to go back and listen, though. Didn't have the sound up very loud when I watched that portion of the game.

You could be right I was half way paying attention but I feel like he said with the route amari ran it gave dak no room for the under throw.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Conner Williams gets overpowered easily. He can't anchor and stand his ground against big and strong DTs.

I don't think any type of training will help him at this point.

Jerry should stop making these decisions. Let the coaches handle it. If Conner needs to be benched then so be it.

Went back to the game to see Connor Williams screw up. He cost us the game.

6:10 INT - Pressure from defender running up Williams' gap while he blocks no one.
7:28 Fumble - Defender beats Williams for the forced fumble.
14:10 Final sack on Dak. Defender right up Williams' gap while he blocks *no one*.