Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 10/15

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Seems crazy LVE might play on Mon. I am no expert, but uhhh.... seems like LBs use their shoulders on virtually every snap lol

Would rather make sure he is 100% healthy vs rushing him back and watching him re-break the bone and head back to IR.

I hope the Doctors are all over this... I still remember when Tony came back too early from a collarbone and rebroke it

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Seems crazy LVE might play on Mon. I am no expert, but uhhh.... seems like LBs use their shoulders on virtually every snap lol

Would rather make sure he is 100% healthy vs rushing him back and watching him re-break the bone and head back to IR.

I hope the Doctors are all over this... I still remember when Tony came back too early from a collarbone and rebroke it
Why wouldn't the doctors be all over this? No way they clear him to play unless he is 100%. Same with Romo. No way would they allow him to come back from surgery unless he was 100% cleared.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why wouldn't the doctors be all over this? No way they clear him to play unless he is 100%. Same with Romo. No way would they allow him to come back from surgery unless he was 100% cleared.

Ill be honest, this smells like one of those deals that a guy practices but on game day they make the call to make him inactive.

rags747

Reaction score
No way LVE can play so soon. Seems like a lot of collisions for that surgery to hold up to this soon.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've known several people that have ruptured an Achilles and have never seen any of them rupture the other one.

Jason Peters,

Agreed. Something about testing out a freshly healed bones turns my stomach.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

They cleared Romo, knowing there was a risk he could rebreak it. Romo and the coaches took the chance and risked it as the playoffs were still a possibility

LVE may be risking it the same way to try and help his team. Would rather wait two more weeks than risk him missing another 6-8

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
They cleared Romo, knowing there was a risk he could rebreak it. Romo and the coaches took the chance and risked it as the playoffs were still a possibility

LVE may be risking it the same way to try and help his team. Would rather wait two more weeks than risk him missing another 6-8
If a guy is cleared to play, you play him. It really is that simple.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Whats crazy is his deal is 5 years old and was signed "before" he was going to blow up (in hopes of getting a deal) but he's still getting 8 million dollar base 5 years later. Upper mid tier DT's coming off of there rookie deals get equal to less than that.......... (how the hell was that contract a deal and "beating the system" ?)
Because he got paid as a DE.
Right now Spotrac lists him at the 27th highest paid DE.

DAL couldn't resign Robert Quinn because he got 14M per.
DAL gave Everson Griffin 6M and he's been even worse than TC in a similar outside then inside role.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Romo was cleared to play... and he rebroke his collarbone. It really is that simple. Bones that aren’t fully healed can break again
And bones that are fully healed can break again as well. Do you really think they would risk that rather large investment by allowing a guy to play with a bone that isn't fully healed?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I thought they said Crawford was going to have a bigger role this offseason....now he’s getting it bc Hill is gone? It’s always something with this guy

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
And bones that are fully healed can break again as well. Do you really think they would risk that rather large investment by allowing a guy to play with a bone that isn't fully healed?

When Romo chose to play— it was stated there was a risk of reinjuring the collarbone specifically. And it happened.

And yes, I think there are people that would risk rushing back too early from an injury to try and help their team. And yes, players reinjure themselves every year doing so whether it is a hamstring, playing with a strained shoulder, or a broken collarbone (Romo) etc....

For crying out loud we just lost Tyron Smith for the whole year because he pushed it to come back too early and tried to play through something he shouldn’t have.

I hope LVE is healthy and ready, and apparently the plate they inserted into the bone supports and strengthens it— but I just don’t want to see him rebreak that thing bc we were too eager to get him out there to help our leaky D