Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 10/18

blueblood70

Reaction score
So someone explain this to me. Why have we lost?

Is it really these bs weird calls, drops, and other anomalies we’ve seen in each game? Or what is it. Exactly.

This seems to say both the offense and defense are performing pretty well. It does leave out the starting field position stat. Which is real bad.

isnt that pretty obvious?
Yes Turnovers, drops, and penalties..all mistakes that derail most teams.. 11 points total of all 3 losses...im pretty sure less mistakes overcomes a total of 11 point we lost by.,..

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Is it really these bs weird calls, drops, and other anomalies we’ve seen in each game? Or what is it. Exactly.

This seems to say both the offense and defense are performing pretty well. It does leave out the starting field position stat. Which is real bad.

I'm no expert, but it looks like

Penalties
Not scoring TDs in red zone
Crucial turnovers on promising drives
Lack of turnovers on defense. For example, the Patriots have 14 interceptions. The Cowboys have 2.

If it weren't for those, this team could easily be 6-0. But that's the way the news goes.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
isnt that pretty obvious?
Yes Turnovers, drops, and penalties..all mistakes that derail most teams.. 11 points total of all 3 losses...im pretty sure less mistakes overcomes a total of 11 point we lost by.,..

Sorry.

So those are correctable. Except the made up penalties. Maybe we’d be 5-1 without half of these calls.

There were many bad calls and if anyone thinks they “evened out” —use your head. They didn’t :)

Saints
Elliott none fumble
Roughing on Lawrence while he was pushed low
5 second play that took 2 seconds.
2 offensive pi s on Cooper both Bull****

Packers

Smith fake injury result in 6-8 time outs
Erin throwing ball at feet after losing it
Cobb interfered with-grabbed on his wrist
Graham fake interference
Brown pi without contact
Roughing on Quinn
No holds again all game after Rodgers chastised ref on a clear hold first drive.
Garrett unsportsmanlike
Hold on Tavon that was not close and moved from first and goal to long field goal range.
Taunts allowed on Dak and DB on run.

Jets

Unreal non-pick play call takes away 4 points
Garrett foolishly going for it on 4th and nearly 3 with a QB sweep.
I was under the influence and may have missed some.

Bigdog

Reaction score
No pics of Tank and the Hot Boyz all dressed up and ready for business? :rolleyes:
Hopefully they are because they have not been business all season and are running out of games to be open for it.

lopey

Reaction score

Turnovers, mistakes at crucial points in the game, mental errors, penalties and execution when it counts.

ESisback

Reaction score

it’s a combination of factors:

1)Some predictable playcalling
2)Injuries to key players
3)Drive killing penalties, most self inflicted because of #1&2, occurring at the EXACT wrong time.
4)A few HORRIBLE calls
5)A handful of execution snafus.

A slice here, a cut there—a snakebit team, 80-90% self inflicted, 10-20% a combination of malfeasance and bad luck.

Sydla

Reaction score
When seasons go sideways, it's not one or two things. It's a ton of things.

For us.......... a defense that has been shredded and doesn't generate any turnovers, players making silly mistakes week after week on both sides of the ball, questionable play calls on both sides of the ball, injuries.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Because we got behind early and put up big #s against teams that were basically playing prevent