Twitter: Cowboys Tweets - 10/3

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant play Steele over Knight.
Or keeping him as a backup in case Smith can’t finish the game. I doubt they are planning on him taking Connor’s spot.
IMO they don’t count on Smith to last the entire game or will be limited
Really having a hard time understanding why they’d play Steele. Elliot himself was complimenting Knight saying he played like a bully. Steele’s still a bit light and gets overwhelmed easy, Knights issue is speed rushers and that issue is minimized on the right side.
I seriously don't understand starting Steele over Knight.

Is Knight more of a LT and they view Steele as a RT with tremendous upside? Knight has played significantly better.

1: We don't know for certain what will happen. It is a media report. The coaches don't really commit to what they tell the media.

2: If Knight starts at RT and then gets injured, there would be no backup LT.

3: With Knight as the backup, if Tyron and Steele get injured, then Knight to LT and Martin or somebody like RT-only Mills at RT.

4: For practice snaps they might prefer to have Knight focus on practicing at LT. If he starts at RT but is the backup at LT, then he has to practice both.

5: If Tyron gets injured and Knight is the starter at RT, then they have to move Knight to LT and Steele comes in at RT. OL coaches like to minimize in game changes.

If Steele starts, they will replace him with Knight if he struggles.

fivetwos

Reaction score
1: We don't know for certain what will happen. It is a media report. The coaches don't really commit to what they tell the media.

2: If Knight starts at RT and then gets injured, there would be no backup LT.

3: With Knight as the backup, if Tyron and Steele get injured, then Knight to LT and Martin or somebody like RT-only Mills at RT.

4: For practice snaps they might prefer to have Knight focus on practicing at LT. If he starts at RT but is the backup at LT, then he has to practice both.

5: If Tyron gets injured and Knight is the starter at RT, then they have to move Knight to LT and Steele comes in at RT. OL coaches like to minimize in game changes.

If Steele starts, they will replace him with Knight if he struggles.
#2 is an extremely fair point.

I read something about them working with different combos this week.

Possibly prepping for something like that.

Collins, if he returns at all, has got to be 6-8 weeks away.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Why isn’t Frederick 2.0 starting yet.

also Bernard being brought up is good news. Hope he gets playing time and makes an impact

plymkr

Reaction score
Why not?

We are in a bind on defense.

Carr is back.

Claiborne also.

Ron Leary?

I would sign them all.

We are in trouble at every position they play and at our Bye Week that maybe our best chance to make a run for the playoffs.

I would do this. If it fails..at least the team can say it tried everything to win.
Wait, I've been out of it the last couple days but did we get Mo Claiborne back?