Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/26

gmb1

Reaction score
Is it ever possible Jerry could do a Mark Cuban and shut the 4u(& up during the playoffs? Please Jerry?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was not on board for trading for Cooper with what I thought would be a Top 10 pick. Now, that we are making the play-offs and that pick just keeps going lower and lower I'm completely on board. He's likely much better than anyone that will be available at that slot. People put too much stock in draft picks when you are essentially getting an unknown. If you can trade one for a young player who has proven they can play in the league you might as well go for it. The only downside is the salary cap implications.

I feel the same way. Plus, when you couple in Cooper’s relative young age it makes it an easier pill to swallow.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That would just be stupid!!!!!!!! Jerry talks too much sometimes.

Well, we want to give them something to think about that we will never ever use in any game other than one that doesn't matter. We save our creativity for such occasions, then go back to just running our offense in games that do matter because Garrett values execution over creativity.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lawrence should rest. I find it funny we have kept some plays in our playbook hidden, kind of a gamble but hell hopefully he’s actually telling the truth on this

It’s probably just the stuff they had in there for Austin. And maybe Rico, come to think of it. Two very different types of players who both should be getting plying time.

jujoboys

Reaction score

This is actually good news! Hopefully they will try all of the so-called creative things in Linehan's playbook in a meaningless game against the Giants so that when they fail we don't feel compelled to use them in a playoff game. Remember the failed attempt at the Philly Special in the game against the Titans in the red zone earlier in the year and the reverse to Amari when we were 2nd and goal at the 3 against the Bucs? These are the kind of plays that we need to use against the Giants this week so that Linehan decides not to use them in a game that matters.