Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/26

aikemirv

Reaction score
Is Coop worth the 23rd overall pick?

Absolutely. Saved our season and propelled us into the playoffs. I hope we beat NYG to make the pick even lower. :)

I will let you know after the playoffs......

With Cooper - Raiders get 23-28th pick lets say

Without Cooper - Dallas maybe gets a top 10 -15 pick - maybe better

With Cooper - Garrett stays at least - Linehan is a maybe

Without Cooper - Linehan gone and maybe Garrett

With Cooper - Dak may get a big contract extension

Without Cooper - Jerry maybe has a better view of his QB situation.

So is Cooper worth all of that? stay tuned!

Straight up Cooper is worth a 10-15 pick but that was never my biggest problem with the trade.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

Straight up Cooper is worth a 10-15 pick but that was never my biggest problem with the trade.
In the eyes of the front office:

Even before Coop, Jerry was gonna extend Dak.

With or without Coop, Linehan is gone.

Now that we are in the playoffs, Red stays. For now.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

So your biggest problem with the trade was that it would make the team better and create more wins?

:huh:

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoping his negative attitude doesn't affect the locker room.
What a team cancer!!!
I really hope you guys are being sarcastic otherwise you took what he said out of context. He is simply saying if he was told to take a day off that he wouldn't want to because he doesn't think a week is long enough for him to get out of rythym. But he said in a separate interview that he wants to play at NY regardless because he is a competitor. And then stated "Because I love football."
How in the world could you interpret this as negative? As a former optimist/LL/middle/high school/college football player, I don't see how this was taken so far out of context.

CB61

Reaction score
I was not on board for trading for Cooper with what I thought would be a Top 10 pick. Now, that we are making the play-offs and that pick just keeps going lower and lower I'm completely on board. He's likely much better than anyone that will be available at that slot. People put too much stock in draft picks when you are essentially getting an unknown. If you can trade one for a young player who has proven they can play in the league you might as well go for it. The only downside is the salary cap implications.
Yep Jerry finally did something that worked out I bet you his balls were sweating first couple weeks probably lost 5 lb

CB61

Reaction score
I don’t know there is a poster on this forum that would say cooper isn’t worth the 25th pick next year based on how he has played and what he has meant to the team.
Well looking at it now I say it's well worth it but I can tell you anybody on here that says they weren't sweating that one when it happened they're lying for the most part

aaev84

Reaction score

I seriously hope Dallas does whatever it takes to keep Richard. The arrow of this defense is pointing way up. If he goes, the defense is in trouble. Would be a real shame. Look at how the secondary and defense overall has performed. Night and day difference. He should be priority #1 to be retained.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So your biggest problem with the trade was that it would make the team better and create more wins?

:huh:
Yep and keep the status quo that is going nowhere-like I said , I will tell you after the playoffs- If we are going nowhere which is first round then what good is it.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I really hope you guys are being sarcastic otherwise you took what he said out of context. He is simply saying if he was told to take a day off that he wouldn't want to because he doesn't think a week is long enough for him to get out of rythym. But he said in a separate interview that he wants to play at NY regardless because he is a competitor. And then stated "Because I love football."
How in the world could you interpret this as negative? As a former optimist/LL/middle/high school/college football player, I don't see how this was taken so far out of context.
Guess a good old :rolleyes: was really necessary.