Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 3/28

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The quote from Garrett about Collins was interesting. (First time I've seen it.)

“The thing that we did not want to do at the outset is say, this guy is going to play this position, this guy’s going to play this position. One of the things we like about both L.C. and Cameron Fleming is they have flexibility. They’ve played outside, they’ve played inside, and they’re guys we feel like they have some versatility to allow us to play the best five guys.”

Seems like there is some possibility that Fleming could end up at guard.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The quote from Garrett about Collins was interesting. (First time I've seen it.)

“The thing that we did not want to do at the outset is say, this guy is going to play this position, this guy’s going to play this position. One of the things we like about both L.C. and Cameron Fleming is they have flexibility. They’ve played outside, they’ve played inside, and they’re guys we feel like they have some versatility to allow us to play the best five guys.”

If Fleming is going to be the starter much better for him to play LG that way we don't switch up 2 spots again on the OL.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Honestly I think this is a big reason we aren't doing well at certain positions. Keep flip flopping and moving guys around and out of their natural positions. Its crazy. Did we do this as much before Garrett or is this another Jasonism

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I still think Dez will be asked to take a base cut with incentives that keep his salary close to what it is. We brought in better supporting receivers to help pave the way for you to make those incentives and get back on top. Will you bet on yourself or hope someone else offers you that big a payday?

Carson

Reaction score
I still think Dez will be asked to take a base cut with incentives that keep his salary close to what it is. We brought in better supporting receivers to help pave the way for you to make those incentives and get back on top. Will you bet on yourself or hope someone else offers you that big a payday?

If I’m Dez I say shove it. Bums like moncrief getting 9 million and Watkins getting 16 million.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Honestly I think this is a big reason we aren't doing well at certain positions. Keep flip flopping and moving guys around and out of their natural positions. Its crazy. Did we do this as much before Garrett or is this another Jasonism

I think it can hurt if you're dabbling with them here and there like we did with Byron Jones. There's nothing wrong with having a player who can flex to a position of need, but you need to give them a chance to settle into the job and prove what they can do.

If Fleming can flex to guard, then that's a good thing because it means we don't have to move Collins unless necessary. He started to settle into tackle, so let him unless Fleming shows he just a much better tackle than guard. In that case, it's good that Collins has the ability to be moved inside if it makes our starting five the strongest it can be.