Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/23

jday

Reaction score
I would be happy with Warner, Scales, or Avery later in the draft although Warner might get drafted in the 3rd, early 4th.
Avery and Scales are both my fourth round linebacker pet cats. If the Cowboys are unable to address linebacker sooner, I'd be more than happy with them both back to back.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Avery and Scales are both my fourth round linebacker pet cats. If the Cowboys are unable to address linebacker sooner, I'd be more than happy with them both back to back.
Agree. I also like Darius Leonard. I think he is going to be a player but if we can get at least two of these players in the 4th and use other picks earlier to address other areas I would be happy.

jday

Reaction score
Agree. I also like Darius Leonard. I think he is going to be a player but if we can get at least two of these players in the 4th and use other picks earlier to address other areas I would be happy.
At the beginning of the conversation that you responded to, I had this ideal mock:

1. Vita Vea DT
2. Braden Smith or Billy Price (if he falls that far) OG
3. Anthony Miller WR
4. Genard Avery and Tegray Scales back to back in the fourth round.
5. Akrum Wadley HB
6. Tre Flowers S, Dimitri Flowers FB, PJ Hall DT all in the sixth in no particular order, however we can get them.
7. Don't care who they snag in the 7th, but off the top of my head, Darius Fountain WR may still be available.

That would be my dream draft.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I understand Darius Leonard in the 3rd, but if we could somehow walk away with Anthony Miller in the third, I'd lean that way first, because after Miller the pickings at receiver get slim. Any receiver they take in the fourth or later will struggle to compete with what they already have...and you know they are taking a receiver in the first 3 rounds. I don't see a way around that. Josey Jewell I like, but he's a little slow. I like Shaquem Griffin, but I like his story better than what I think he'll actually be able to do in the NFL, considering his missing hand. This guy may be a Special Teams Demon, but I don't see him doing much more than that without the ability to reach out and grab a shoe when that's all he can grab. That may seem heartless, but football is business. That said, I would not be disappointed if the Cowboys took flyer on him, after they've already address the linebacker position in a more meaningful way. That...and I'm not even sure the guy should be considered a linebacker in the NFL...he's closer to a safety in size and athleticism. Jack Cichy has a red flag; he did not play last year due to a torn ACL..we need linebackers who can play and play well this year. For Cichy, that might be a stretch.

Fred Warner is the guy I don't know much about...but for now Scales and Avery are my late round pet cats at linebacker. I'll do more research on Warner, though.
I don't think Miller makes it to the 3rd. Honestly I see most of them going in the second.

You make strong cases in the LBs but Griffin was catching balls. Granted it wasn't in game time situations and he didn't seem to have an issue tackling. Cichy I didn't know was still injured but he wouldn't be the first LB taken in this case. With Jewell I think instincts will be huge, having Lee really him to the first room wouldn't make me worry about his speed. The issue I have with Jewell is coverage but we wouldn't rely on him right away.

Scales I'm ok with but have to admit I haven't really watched Avery much. Will be a guy I might check up on.

Tristan

Reaction score
If youre young and single and have a gf who likes threesomes with another girl like his instagram suggested on V day, well then u know theres a toll in the hall, been there, suffered that

Bigdog

Reaction score
At the beginning of the conversation that you responded to, I had this ideal mock:

1. Vita Vea DT
3. Anthony Miller WR
5. Akrum Wadley HB
6. Tre Flowers S, Dimitri Flowers FB, PJ Hall DT all in the sixth in no particular order, however we can get them.
7. Don't care who they snag in the 7th, but off the top of my head, Darius Fountain WR may still be available.

I would take that draft in a heartbeat.

jday

Reaction score
I don't think Miller makes it to the 3rd. Honestly I see most of them going in the second.

You make strong cases in the LBs but Griffin was catching balls. Granted it wasn't in game time situations and he didn't seem to have an issue tackling. Cichy I didn't know was still injured but he wouldn't be the first LB taken in this case. With Jewell I think instincts will be huge, having Lee really him to the first room wouldn't make me worry about his speed. The issue I have with Jewell is coverage but we wouldn't rely on him right away.

Scales I'm ok with but have to admit I haven't really watched Avery much. Will be a guy I might check up on.
You are probably correct on Miller not lasting but I did say dream draft...

At linebacker, I value explosion and instincts over just about everything, including 40 time...which is why between LVE and Rashaan Evans I pick Evans and don't even think twice.

Genard is my guy whereas Scales Im picking more for need. If you get a chance, check Genard...dudes a beast...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You are probably correct on Miller not lasting but I did say dream draft...

At linebacker, I value explosion and instincts over just about everything, including 40 time...which is why between LVE and Rashaan Evans I pick Evans and don't even think twice.

Genard is my guy whereas Scales Im picking more for need. If you get a chance, check Genard...dudes a beast...
I agree with Evans over Leighton. I like a LB that can shed blocks and get to the runner, not get taken out the play by anybody on offense. Leighton can't do those things and gets washed out. He has potential but Evans could come in day 1 and do those things.

I will check him out before the draft. It's always great to get other names that sometimes is looked over or missed

ccb04

Reaction score

Really like Avery & Burks. Got to see a good deal of Scales career as my Dad is an IU alum & wouldn't mind him either. I also like Quentin Poling late.

NFL Draft Scout very recently updated their prospect rankings...they now have Avery in the 3rd, Scales in the 7th and Burks 3-4.
They also moved Warner into the 2nd...with Leonard 2-3. Rankings have varies quite a bit for some of these guys, particularly depending on the source.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

1. Vita Vea DT
3. Anthony Miller WR
5. Akrum Wadley HB

Really like Genard Avery.

mardwin

Reaction score
I feel the biggest needs are offense WR and OL, the Cowboys can pick up a couple of LB's and a safety in the middle of the draft.

I disagree, biggest needs are at GM, head coaching and coordinator positions.