Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 5/11

DiResta

Reaction score
My heart fills with blood, hearing a REAL WR coach talk. Dooley is/was a joke. Terrible hire.
i wouldnt go so far as saying he enabled Dez but he did look like he coddled him every time they were together
i really like Brown but i got a similar feel with Zeke
difference is Brown seemed respected and could motivate his guys plus no bull**** when it came down to game time

jujoboys

Reaction score
Here is my question to that. So practice squad players don’t get paid for OTA’s, mini camp and training camp. I’m not sure if that’s correct.

Sorry, I forgot about minicamps, training camp, OTAs, etc. All players are paid for OTAs, mini camps, and training camps. First year players get around $1,100 per week and veterans receive about $1,900 per week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is crazy
the guy smoked weed!
not selling it or growing it, just likes to smoke
the nfl needs to change its just tupid

There were rumors he was doing coke with Hardy at one point, as well. And then supposedly committed to sobriety when his daughter was born. I have my doubts about his ability to stay clean, but I do think he’s got legit addiction issues he’s working with.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly believe Stephen's words concerning Austin getting a minimum of 12 touches per game was more of a validation for that signing, rather than an actual likelihood for that to take place. Be that as it may, we'll see how much of that is true when the live action begins. It'll likely be less, imo.

Honestly, who cares at this point? My jaw dropped at that line when he said it, and I said as much in the threads, but it doesn’t really matter. The coaches will look for ways to use him, and he’ll get snaps as long as he’s effective. If he’s ineffective, nobody ought to care what Stephen said the day of the trade. It’s a complete non issue that wouldn’t be getting covered in any market other than Dallas.

DiResta

Reaction score
There were rumors he was doing coke with Hardy at one point, as well. And then supposedly committed to sobriety when his daughter was born. I have my doubts about his ability to stay clean, but I do think he’s got legit addiction issues he’s working with.
im sure he does have problems, my thing is its just weed
people who get **** faced drinking are a far worse problem especially when they drive
they need to change the rules

DiResta

Reaction score
Honestly, who cares at this point? My jaw dropped at that line when he said it, and I said as much in the threads, but it doesn’t really matter. The coaches will look for ways to use him, and he’ll get snaps as long as he’s effective. If he’s ineffective, nobody ought to care what Stephen said the day of the trade. It’s a complete non issue that wouldn’t be getting covered in any market other than Dallas.
if Austin cant protect the ball theyll cut him
they will slowly remove him from the offense maybe but either way Garrett wont let it be a thing

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if Austin cant protect the ball theyll cut him
they will slowly remove him from the offense maybe but either way Garrett wont let it be a thing
The vast majority of his fumbles were on punts.

Fumbles on Offense:
Zeke 2016: 1 in 71 touches

Austin Career: 1 in 76 touches

DiResta

Reaction score
The vast majority of his fumbles were on punts.

Fumbles on Offense:
Zeke 2016: 1 in 71 touches

Austin Career: 1 in 76 touches
yeah its the ST thing but i doubt they risk it given his history and Garretts view on turnovers
im not worried about his touches on offense