Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/14/20 First Practice

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
I refuse to get hype about anything defensive related. They have primarily been the hold back.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I would hope no one here is rooting against him, but it wouldn't surprise me. Some seem like they would rather be right than Dallas be good.
Ahh you know what I mean. People dont like him to where it does seem that way.

He has lot to overcome w the fans. More not his fault than is.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well that was fun.

Any shot they have a SECOND practice???

That could be legendary.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well that was fun.

Any shot they have a SECOND practice???

That could be legendary.

our expectations for entertainment sure have dropped!!!!

but desperate times call for desperate measures! I’d watch dak and zeke play chess right now!

fivetwos

Reaction score
See my post about him making as much as McCoy, Poe, Griffen, and Smith combined.

That’s wrong.

Way wrong.
I truly think at the end of camp, barring a rash of DL injuries, they go to him and say you'll need to take a cut if you want to stay, and he will.

He isnt capable of making any kind of significant play, and he cant at all be traded because the new team would be on the hook for the 8M, so...this is what happens.

Once he realizes how long it took Griffen to get 6M, he will be a backup in Dallas for 2-3, and I'd say we should live with that.

Next year, all over with.

Edit.....bad contract overall. Awful. They tried to sign him early on the cheap then he mailed it in, or was never that great to begin with. Neither the first nor last mistake by this ownership.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly think at the end of camp, barring a rash of DL injuries, they go to him and say you'll need to take a cut if you want to stay, and he will.

My concern is that if he gets injured out there in practice, he'll go to IR again and that $98 million salary will be another sunk cost, like the $10 million last year.

He isnt capable of making any kind of significant play, and he cant at all be traded because the new team would be on the hook for the 8M, so...this is what happens.

Once he realizes how long it took Griffen to get 6M, he will be a backup in Dallas for 2-3, and I'd say we should live with that.

Next year, all over with.

I could possibly stomach it of they kept him around for $2 million, but even then he'd still be overpaid for a backup.

When Griffen's salary is $3 million, and Poe is $2 million, and McCoy is $2.5 million, it's a joke to pay Crawford anywhere near that, much less having him count for as much as all of them combined!

I will sing the praises of the front office for the great deals they got on all of their other starters. But I will also deservedly bash them for currently paying $8 million in salary to at best a rotational backup.

fivetwos

Reaction score
our expectations for entertainment sure have dropped!!!!

but desperate times call for desperate measures! I’d watch dak and zeke play chess right now!
Was a ridiculously long off season for several reasons.

Then the season goes by like nothing.

fivetwos

Reaction score
My concern is that if he gets injured out there in practice, he'll go to IR again and that $98 million salary will be another sunk cost, like the $10 million last year.

I could possibly stomach it of they kept him around for $2 million, but even then he'd still be overpaid for a backup.

When Griffen's salary is $3 million, and Poe is $2 million, and McCoy is $2.5 million, it's a joke to pay Crawford anywhere near that, much less having him count for as much as all of them combined!

I will sing the praises of the front office for the great deals they got on all of their other starters. But I will also deservedly bash them for currently paying $8 million in salary to at best a rotational backup.
Right. Didnt at all think of the injury issue for a dude that always seems to be.

I dont mind a 2-3m cap hit for an experienced DL as much as I dont want a pup cut for him.

It has to be coupled with an extensive PS this year and everyone sticking.

Yeah in the end given the numbers probably best to cut bait entirely.....but he has pictures of Jerry doing some things. No other way to explain it....I mean, except that the two making the call arent qualified, and/or they make too many personal relationships w players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. Didnt at all think of the injury issue for a dude that always seems to be.

Recently for sure. Another frustrating thing is that this team had all the warning signs and every reason to get out of the contract last year. He had injury issues then and missed most of the offseason work. Couple that with not having an actual starting position and then the off-field issue, and there was no excuse not to make him take a paycut if not an outright release. The team ignored all of those signs and wasted $10 million in cap space for four mediocre games. And they're currently on track to repeat the same mistakes this year.

Inexcusable.

I dont mind a 2-3m cap hit for an experienced DL as much as I dont want a pup cut for him.

That's another good point. Do you lrelease a player with potential upside to have an overpaid, rotational backup lineman for one more year?

It has to be coupled with an extensive PS this year and everyone sticking.

With the risk of having a player you really like scooped up on waivers by another team.

Yeah in the end given the numbers probably best to cut bait entirely.....but he has pictures of Jerry doing some things. No other way to explain it....I mean, except that the two making the call arent qualified, and/or they make too many personal relationships w players.

That's the thing. The Joneses are still making business decisions with their heart instead of their head. I'm pointing to Jerry specifically. I think this decision is all him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seriously on that second practice.

Anyone have info? Looking forward to it today.

Tell me it's not weekend off after a day. Cant be. Never was. Then again.....2020.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Tell me it's not weekend off after a day. Cant be. Never was. Then again.....2020.

Today is a mandated day off.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
More importantly, no more Crawford out there being glued to blockers.
:thumbup:
Come on , he got 5-6 sacks one time , he i very hard working , ask Garett/ Marinelli . :rolleyes: .

( He is a serviceable player , I dont have anything against him , just not the difference maker , Hopefully Mccoy is that)

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

I think they had Saturday off and they'll be back at it tomorrow and in pads Monday