Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/14/20 First Practice

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
More importantly, no more Crawford out there being glued to blockers.
:thumbup:

I'm a little surprised with Poe still on PUP that Crawford was lining up with the starters instead of Woods. I would hope our "backup" plan wouldn't be McCoy and Crawford starting at the DT spots because neither is an NT type.

I know it's just the first day, so it doesn't mean anything ... just kind of strange to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's going to be slow. Just my opinion of course.

Same here. Like riding a bike for a guy like him. An instinctive, experienced pass rusher. If his mind is in the right place, I think he can be a real factor. And being able to rotate guys like Lawrence, Griffen, and Smith should help to keep them all fresh. And if Gregory somehow gets reinstated, that's another added to the mix.

I think the league needs to make have some sort of resolution one way or another. If he's going to be allowed to play this year, he needs to be out there NOW getting ready with his teammates. If not, let him know that too, and just what he would need to do to get reinstated.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Same here. Like riding a bike for a guy like him. An instinctive, experienced pass rusher. If his mind is in the right place, I think he can be a real factor. And being able to rotate guys like Lawrence, Griffen, and Smith should help to keep them all fresh. And if Gregory somehow gets reinstated, that's another added to the mix.

I think the league needs to make have some sort of resolution one way or another. If he's going to be allowed to play this year, he needs to be out there NOW getting ready with his teammates. If not, let him know that too, and just what he would need to do to get reinstated.

I do think the hesitancy isn't fair to the player or the team. Make a decision and roll with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a little surprised with Poe still on PUP that Crawford was lining up with the starters instead of Woods. I would hope our "backup" plan wouldn't be McCoy and Crawford starting at the DT spots because neither is an NT type.

I know it's just the first day, so it doesn't mean anything ... just kind of strange to me.

I'm taking it as a nickel starting group, and the DT's being more pure pass rush types. And then veterans being 'starters by default' until proven otherwise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do think the hesitancy isn't fair to the player or the team. Make a decision and roll with it.

Now is the time when teams and players get ready for the season. A holdup at this point is inexcusable and nothing more than poor management.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I've seen things in tweets that point toward Crawford being one of the DTs on passing downs, this is probably just a way to get him reps there while Poe is out.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm taking it as a nickel starting group, and the DT's being more pure pass rush types. And then veterans being 'starters by default' until proven otherwise.

Could be since the starting group listed in the secondary included Lewis at nickel corner.

pgreptom

Reaction score
They need to stop playing and get Donovan Wilson in there over X woods.

He seems to pick Dak off a lot in practice. He had that crazy end of preseason, too. I don't know why he doesn't get some regular season reps.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now is the time when teams and players get ready for the season. A holdup at this point is inexcusable and nothing more than poor management.

Have you not heard, Garrett and his regime is gone....:lmao:
Sorry, could not resist that one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He seems to pick Dak off a lot in practice. He had that crazy end of preseason, too. I don't know why he doesn't get some regular season reps.

Because the idiot former coaching staff believed in sacred cows and untouchable players instead of putting the best players out there.

And the finally paid for those mistakes by losing their jobs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I've seen things in tweets that point toward Crawford being one of the DTs on passing downs, this is probably just a way to get him reps there while Poe is out.

I expect him to be in the mix. I think once Griffen arrives that one of the DEs (Griffen, Smith or Lawrence) will get a lot of snaps inside in the nickel D on passing downs. Crawford likely will get the other passing downs there and provide some early down relief for McCoy at 3-tech.

Of course, that depends on who shows up. If Hill or Gallimore prove to be better options for the Crawford role, he could be more limited or even let go. I don't expect that to happen, though, especially with no preseason.