Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 8/22

pansophy

Reaction score
You don't even see the contradiction in your own words. Being greedy is part of Zeke's bad behavior. You can't see the forest for the trees. :laugh:
I've never seen someone suspended or their guaranteed money rescinded for being greedy. Zeke is in the toughest spot by having a 5 year rookie contract as a running back. He probably doesn't see a big 3rd contract and he is the leagues leading rusher because we are running him into the ground, not because he has the highest YPA. So he knows he has limited years and better cash in now.

I don't know if I personally would pay him what it sounds like the Jones have offered him last, but I can understand the timing of the hold out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've never seen someone suspended or their guaranteed money rescinded for being greedy. Zeke is in the toughest spot by having a 5 year rookie contract as a running back. He probably doesn't see a big 3rd contract and he is the leagues leading rusher because we are running him into the ground, not because he has the highest YPA. So he knows he has limited years and better cash in now.

I don't know if I personally would pay him what it sounds like the Jones have offered him last, but I can understand the timing of the hold out.
Every time he does the "feed me" thing, it makes me think he doesn't mind getting a ton of carries every season, so I don't buy your argument that that is part of his negotiation strategy.

Greed is only part of his bad behavior, he's also disloyal to a GM that has always had his back and is a general knucklehead off the field. It was fun up to a point but when he packed his bags and went to Cabo rather than training camp, it was the move too far.

The FO hasn't kept it a secret they intended to sign him with a > Gurly contract at some point, they just didn't expect it this year. That is something that has to be budgeted ahead of time. Zeke's hold out has no doubt killed the good faith the FO had for Zeke. Jerry, in particular, seems affected by it.

robjay04

Reaction score
He's right about what he says except for one thing. Zeke is not a free agent and is under control for the next 2 years.

Yeah

Well if owners didn’t want this...they should’ve not gave the players the right to renegotiate their predetermined contracts and hold out after 3 seasons.