Cowboys Tweets - 9/25

ShortRound

Reaction score
3P4CYaq.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I saw another post about Tyron Smith calling it 'stingers' and saying that it was something that will have to be managed for quite a while. Reading that, it made me wonder whether or not he would suit up against a Seattle team lacking in pass rushers?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn’t Nick Mullins the QB that got his first start against us a couple of years ago? That kid has something

Was it against us?

I know that Mullins did impress with the opportunities that he got and I was thinking about a potential trade for him as a backup, considering that the 49'ers also drafted Beathard.

Reaction score
I saw another post about Tyron Smith calling it 'stingers' and saying that it was something that will have to be managed for quite a while. Reading that, it made me wonder whether or not he would suit up against a Seattle team lacking in pass rushers?
Jerry said something about taking a long term view regarding Tyron.

Seemed to imply he may be out a while. But who knows?

Reaction score
Isn’t Nick Mullins the QB that got his first start against us a couple of years ago? That kid has something
I'm pretty sure it wasn't against the Cowboys.

Regardless, he did show flashes. I think it says a lot about Shanahan than Mullins. He is a QB guru.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said something about taking a long term view regarding Tyron.

Seemed to imply he may be out a while. But who knows?

It's frustrating. I don't want to marginalize the physical toll the game takes or the sacrifices of the players, but it's tough that there are constantly issues to be managed and games to be missed with the player. On the other hand, he is still a great young player with a very reasonable contract. It's tough. I guess we all have to accept the good and the bad.

I'll take some solace in the fact that Knight filled in quite well last week. Hopefully we see a repeat performance this week if necessary.

Reaction score
It's frustrating. I don't want to marginalize the physical toll the game takes or the sacrifices of the players, but it's tough that there are constantly issues to be managed and games to be missed with the player. On the other hand, he is still a great young player with a very reasonable contract. It's tough. I guess we all have to accept the good and the bad.

I'll take some solace in the fact that Knight filled in quite well last week. Hopefully we see a repeat performance this week if necessary.
He's still really good when he plays. He's almost to the point now where he shouldn't practice. He seems to get nicked up more in practice than in games.

Speaking of long term views, the Cowboys need to start thinking long term at LT. Who knows how long Tyron's body will hold up?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Was it against us?

I know that Mullins did impress with the opportunities that he got and I was thinking about a potential trade for him as a backup, considering that the 49'ers also drafted Beathard.
I thought we beat Beathard that game in 2017.

Did we knock him out of the game?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's still really good when he plays. He's almost to the point now where he shouldn't practice. He seems to get nicked up more in practice than in games.

Speaking of long term views, the Cowboys need to start thinking long term at LT. Who knows how long Tyron's body will hold up?

Absolutely! He's as good as there is when he's out there healthy, but given how infrequently that's happening, a viable backup left tackle is a MUST.